Are the Atlanta Braves the best team in baseball?

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
The pitching decision is damn if you do, damn if you don't....if he starts Shawver and Shawver sucked, people would have said should have gone Elder and vice versa....nevertheless, the main problem is our offense...outside of the 3 inning comeback the other night, we have scored 2 runs in 23 innings....worst time of year for this historic offense to go dormant...

The 3rd inning summed up this series well...we get 2 on 2 out and Ozuna strikes out....Phillies get 2 on 2 out and Harper goes 2nd deck....if baseball didn't have the stupid WC Phillies would never get in but I digress

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The pitching decision is damn if you do, damn if you don't....if he starts Shawver and Shawver sucked, people would have said should have gone Elder and vice versa....nevertheless, the main problem is our offense...outside of the 3 inning comeback the other night, we have scored 2 runs in 23 innings....worst time of year for this historic offense to go dormant...

The 3rd inning summed up this series well...we get 2 on 2 out and Ozuna strikes out....Phillies get 2 on 2 out and Harper goes 2nd deck....if baseball didn't have the stupid WC Phillies would never get in but I digress
Not really. Elder is terrible and shouldn’t have even been on the roster . In this case the unknown is better than serving up batting practice to your opponent in game 3.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Not really. Elder is terrible and shouldn’t have even been on the roster . In this case the unknown is better than serving up batting practice to your opponent in game 3.

If anything he (Snit) should have used Phillies G1 strategy...pull him after he completes the order that way they don't get a 2nd look at him....but regardless, we just aren't hitting.....averaging 2.3 runs/game

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ya hard disagreement with that, Loyal. Elder has shown who he is to the tune of a 5+ era during the second half of the season. Today should have been a heavy bullpen day with short leashes.

There should have been somebody not named Tonkin ready to go as soon as two got on for Harper. It was malpractice to have nobody ready then and even waiting two more batters to bring in your worst reliever.

As for the offense, it’s a lot more difficult to hit down 7-1 than it is 1-1 or 2-1. Philly at that point had all the momentum and their pitcher was pitching stress free with that lead. Baseball is a big piece mental, and getting in a hole quick is a killer.

Snit killed us tonight.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah I do agree that he waited too long to pull him....but when you decide between Shawver and Elder, you are deciding between a 21 year old making his playoff debut and a 24 year old making his debut? At least Elder had some experience...and the pitching has been an issue as a whole for the last couple months....4.76 team ERA 2nd half I believe...I am not a Kranitz fan...dude waits until it's 5-0 to come out for a mound visit

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That inning was just ridiculous. Letting them score 5 runs with 2 out....unrecoverable. Letting Elder pitch to Harper was just unfathomably stupid. The guys in the postgame show were beside themselves that you let that occur. If your job is to manage the game...the fuchsing MANAGE the game! Hell, simply walking Harper would have been smarter even with runners on 1st and 3rd.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I do agree that he waited too long to pull him....but when you decide between Shawver and Elder, you are deciding between a 21 year old making his playoff debut and a 24 year old making his debut? At least Elder had some experience...and the pitching has been an issue as a whole for the last couple months....4.76 team ERA 2nd half I believe...I am not a Kranitz fan...dude waits until it's 5-0 to come out for a mound visit

Bullpen. Game.

You have a well-rested bullpen. Throw the kitchen sink at the Phillies man. Snit managed this like a midweek series in June.

He also apparently didn’t know there were two on for Harper when he faced Elder for the second time :lol:

Dude’s been absolutely blessed with a loaded roster. Trying to imagine him managing a middle of the pack roster

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Phillie Phanatic Phi GIF by MLB

:grin:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Bullpen. Game.

You have a well-rested bullpen. Throw the kitchen sink at the Phillies man. Snit managed this like a midweek series in June.

He also apparently didn’t know there were two on for Harper when he faced Elder for the second time :lol:

Dude’s been absolutely blessed with a loaded roster. Trying to imagine him managing a middle of the pack roster

Did you see the bullpen today? It wasn't like they shut em down haha...this team was blessed with a historic offense but now that the offense has gone dormant, we look average at best....it's amazing from a medical standpoint that our position players can play literally every day but yet we have like 10 pitchers on the IL...

Baseball might be the cruelest, most unfair sport of all...we are clearly better than the Phillies....finished 14 games ahead of them, beat them 8 out of 13...but yet all that matters is this week

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see the bullpen today? It wasn't like they shut em down haha...this team was blessed with a historic offense but now that the offense has gone dormant, we look average at best....it's amazing from a medical standpoint that our position players can play literally every day but yet we have like 10 pitchers on the IL...

Baseball might be the cruelest, most unfair sport of all...we are clearly better than the Phillies....finished 14 games ahead of them, beat them 8 out of 13...but yet all that matters is this week

Outside of Tonkin (one of our worst), bullpen was fine. I don’t expect to shut out the Phillies.

But ya I’ve been disappointed in the offense no doubt. We need to jump on the board early tomorrow to get a little mo on our side

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Outside of Tonkin (one of our worst), bullpen was fine. I don’t expect to shut out the Phillies.

But ya I’ve been disappointed in the offense no doubt. We need to jump on the board early tomorrow to get a little mo on our side

Yeah we need to quiet those cheesesteak buffoons....we are throwing one of our aces so if they hit him, tip of the cap...I assume they go back to Suarez

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
D backs look unbeatable right now. Insane.

I don't think the rangers look all that great. Os just completely tanked.
O's did what I said was gonna happen all year. They were full of young players, and they didn't have the pitching. The real disappointment for me is the rays choking yet again. Even injured, the rays had better starting pitching than texas. Glasnow and Eflin crapped themselves.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This is typical Braves baseball, going back 30 years. Dominate in the regular season and then come playoff time, have the pitching shiat the bed, the bats go silent or both. At least the 90s teams could at least get to the World Series. Since then, barring a few years ago, the Braves like to bow out in the NL playoffs.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The scheduling is beyond idiotic. Baseball isn't like football where a week long rest is necessary. In fact it's the opposite. At no point during the season do these guys go a week without seeing big league pitching. This result along with last years shows the negative impact this has on the division winners. The wild card should either be one game, or a best of three played Monday -double header if necessary Tuesday. With the winner flying their asses that night to the DS destination to play on Wednesday. It's bull**** and the moron that came up with it should be thrown against a wall, kicked in the nuts then thrown head first down a flight of stairs while being peppered with expletives and insults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.