Are the Atlanta Braves the best team in baseball?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sure seems like it right now. Best record in the bigs, 9-1 over their last ten games. Another World Series title this year?

BTW, ridiculous Greg Maddux stat of the day: the man faced over 24,000 batters and only went to a 3-0 count 310 times. 177 of those times were intentional walks.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Sure seems like it right now. Best record in the bigs, 9-1 over their last ten games. Another World Series title this year?

BTW, ridiculous Greg Maddux stat of the day: the man faced over 24,000 batters and only went to a 3-0 count 310 times. 177 of those times were intentional walks.
Gonna find out tonight. Start their series against TB.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Maddux had the best control and location I ever saw.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
sorry, could not give two :kiffin: :kiffin: 's... when I looked in our paper last week, my Tigers had just lost to the only team worse than them in baseball.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. And they been without their best two starting pitchers for a long stretch and traded their starting shortstop during the spring.

Only hiccup I see is their bullpen, yes it leads the NL in ERA but they need a slam the door closer. Iglesias doesn’t have that mentality despite a decent stat line.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw some highlights the other day, can't remember who they were playing but they had 5 homers in their first ten at-bats. :eek3:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TB still looks like the team to beat but I can’t help but feel like they are a house of cards that could falter at any point.

Not bad for one of the lowest payrolls in baseball

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Braves?

Best Friends Racism GIF

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
TB still looks like the team to beat but I can’t help but feel like they are a house of cards that could falter at any point.

Not bad for one of the lowest payrolls in baseball
Have you watched them in the last month? They will lose the division lead to the O's in the next few weeks and will be bounced in the wild card.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yeah rays looked good early but are fading fast. Dbacks and Rangers are also really solid this year. De La Cruz working magic for the Reds but will it be enough to get them in the playoffs?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I would have to say yes, at least for right now. The series loss to the worst team (win/loss wise) in late May, the Okland A's, doesn't help their image though.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
As a lifelong Braves fan I fully expect them to lose until the last out is recorded.
I can definitely relate. Having witnessed the successes that Bama has had since 2008 has made me very spoiled as a fan. I want, and expect the Braves to be just as dominant and successful as Bama has been and it frustrates me to no end to see them give up hits. Giving up runs, especially late in the game, is even more frustrating. Makes me want to pull my hair out. Fortunately for me though, I keep my head buzzed or shaved so that prevents me from doing that... :lol2:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Subjective but YES!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I would have to say yes, at least for right now. The series loss to the worst team (win/loss wise) in late May, the Okland A's, doesn't help their image though.
The Rays split with the As and kc. Trust me the rays don't scare anybody

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I can definitely relate. Having witnessed the successes that Bama has had since 2008 has made me very spoiled as a fan. I want, and expect the Braves to be just as dominant and successful as Bama has been and it frustrates me to no end to see them give up hits. Giving up runs, especially late in the game, is even more frustrating. Makes me want to pull my hair out. Fortunately for me though, I keep my head buzzed or shaved so that prevents me from doing that... :lol2:
The Rays are far worse with that. They don't have a single reliable bullpen pitcher. The braves sweep and sweep easy

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
youre from alabama, no need to report that you're a neonazi skinhead. we already know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.