Are the Atlanta Braves the best team in baseball?

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
I want to give Elder a shot but he hasn’t been that good 2nd half
David O'Brien claims it's because he's hit 180+ innings this year, and that the rest will do him good. Apparently his breaking stuff has been up in the zone whereas before he was lower in the strike zone. We shall see. I'd almost rather see a bullpen game with Smith-Shawver and Winnans.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
If we can somehow win G3 it would be huge...not only because we could go Strider in G4 to clinch but also because worst case it guarantees a G5 in ATL....We don't normally hit Nola that great though and that crowd will be rocking

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Elder is a soft toss pitcher with poor command and wouldn’t get out of the third. You can’t staet a guy like him in the playoffs . Smith Shawyer is the play here . Yes it’s a risk and a lot of unknown on how he will pitch . With Elder you know you’re serving up BP so it’s not as big of a risk as it otherwise would be if Morton were available.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we can somehow win G3 it would be huge...not only because we could go Strider in G4 to clinch but also because worst case it guarantees a G5 in ATL....We don't normally hit Nola that great though and that crowd will be rocking

The Braves have hit Nola well many times before . Especially when he that bum Kapler was their manager . Zach has kicked our ass in the past and was cruising last night until the walk to Ronald .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’m all in on Minter as the opener. See if he can give you 2-3 before turning it over to AJSS

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
The Braves have hit Nola well many times before . Especially when he that bum Kapler was their manager . Zach has kicked our ass in the past and was cruising last night until the walk to Ronald .

Yeah Wheeler almost always dominates…I feel like with both of them, if our offense is more strikeout prone we struggle against them..if it’s like this team where we usually put it in play, we can get to them

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I just don’t feel comfortable starting a 21 year old rookie (Shawver) in a playoff game in front of a hostile crowd

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Maybe this will wake up the rest of the team.

Meanwhile, the orange birds are about to get unceremoniously dumped out of the playoffs after winning 101 games.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I've said all year that as soon as it comes time for playoffs the media darling O's will be first round outs. They never had the pitching. The rays did they just don't know how to win in the postseason and never will until they kick cash out

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah Rangers and specifically Bochy are no joke...he knows how to get it done in postseason....I was there in person when his first good Giants team sent Bobby into retirement

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bryce Elder it is

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Six run third? Just shoot me in the head already... But not until AFTER you've shot each of the Braves' players in the head first. Ugh...

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course the stupid son of a bitch Snit brings the kid in after the game has been decided.
Batting practice Elder did exactly what any sane person thought he would do, and the stupid idiot
Snit left him in to pitch to Harper in a pivotal moment. Bastard makes me sick.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bryce Elder it is

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF

Ya anybody with a brain saw this coming lol. Why do all of my favorite teams’ head coaches make everything so difficult? Outside of Doug Pederson, of course.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I saw the camera pan the Braves dugout before the game. Lo & behold, who do I see?

Sully, filling out the lineup card and filling in as manager. That explains a lot.

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
Of course the stupid son of a bitch Snit brings the kid in after the game has been decided.
Batting practice Elder did exactly what any sane person thought he would do, and the stupid idiot
Snit left him in to pitch to Harper in a pivotal moment. Bastard makes me sick.
They suck.

Elder, and THEN Tonkin?

Nice to see the bats quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.