Are the Atlanta Braves the best team in baseball?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We don’t have enough dogs on our squad. No players who play their best in the bright lights. No Castelleanos, Turner or Harper right now. That’s gotta change.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We played like we were paid off to tank the series....I hope AZ beats them 50-2...3 of the final 4 are wild card teams...good job Manfred...way to determine the best team wins
That's it you guys just got paid to lose phils didn't win. And what a good sport after getting beat by a better team. Lol.

:alone:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Snit set the tone by ****ing with the lineup in game one. He needs to go along with the worn out coke head coaching 3rd base.
After the series is over and looking back over the whole thing, I couldn't disagree more. It's obvious snickerdoodle knew exactly what he had coming in which was a bunch of guys that weren't hitting worth s*** in September and wasn't likely to happen in October either. He toyed with the lineup trying to produce something because you guys were slumping. Unfortunately nothing he did overcame how pathetic the braves hitting was the entire postseason. But anybody who expected a whole lot different wasn't watching in September. I mean heck, the last Phillies brave series in Atlanta the 18th 19th and 20th of September the Phillies dominated y'all. Y'all can blame the coach all you want and he does share some responsibility, but ultimately it's the stars job to get hits and nobody did at all.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I thought about posting this as well, but I went to bed instead. I was still too annoyed.
Then you missed how the game actually ended and after they cut the tv feed to switch to the Colorado game… there were offsetting personal fouls that negated the third strike. After it took about 20 minutes to clear the field they resumed play and Atlanta rallied to win…

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
That's it you guys just got paid to lose phils didn't win. And what a good sport after getting beat by a better team. Lol.

:alone:

They are not the better team...if they were better, they would have won the division...they played better when it counted most..big difference....if the WC didn't exist, Phillies would be irrelevant

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The scheduling is beyond idiotic. .... At no point during the season do these guys go a week without seeing big league pitching. This result along with last years shows the negative impact this has on the division winners. The wild card should either be one game, or a best of three played Monday -double header if necessary Tuesday. With the winner flying their asses that night to the DS destination to play on Wednesday. It's bull**** and the moron that came up with it should be thrown against a wall, kicked in the nuts then thrown head first down a flight of stairs while being peppered with expletives and insults.
So this is the excuse Braves fans are using for their team kneeling submissively to the Phillies like Japanese comfort women? The Braves beat the White Sox 9-0 the first day back from the All-Star break. They scored 13 runs against the Diamondbacks a few days later. How long does it take these posers to learn how to hit again, IYO, in this "unfair" post-season scheduling? Because the season's over for them now and we're still waiting. If Bryce Harper had that break, he'd use it taking infield and at batting practice. Acuna spent it whacking off into the mirror. The season was already over for him anyway, he'd already achieved some phony new "record" for himself. The postseason was just an unimportant afterthought.

Last edited:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Let the trading season begin. I can't help wondering which of the braves' best players will get traded away this off-season.

It shouldn't be that eventful of an offseason...all we need is a starter maybe 2 for the back end of the rotation....the core is locked up for several more years

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
So this is the excuse Braves fans are using for their team kneeling submissively to the Phillies like Japanese comfort women? The Braves beat the White Sox 9-0 the first day back from the All-Star break. They scored 13 runs against the White Sox a few days later. How many long does it take these posers to learn how to hit again, IYO, in this "unfair" post-season scheduling? Because the season's over for them now and we're still waiting. If Bryce Harper had that break, he'd use it taking infield and at batting practice. Acuna spent it whacking off into the mirror. The season was already over for him anyway, he'd already achieved some phony new "record" for himself. The postseason was just an unimportant afterthought.

Your rant would have merit if it was just the Braves....but same thing happened to LA and BAL...that's not a coincidence....I am wiling to bet AZ didn't beat LA more than 5x during the season....just like us and the Phillies...and now they sweep them? No.....all the talking heads are saying how the current playoff model hurts the good teams

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They are not the better team...if they were better, they would have won the division...they played better when it counted most..big difference....if the WC didn't exist, Phillies would be irrelevant
In other words, the Phillies are a better team when it counts. The Phillies and the Braves had identical records the last month of the season, I guess that means the Braves are "irrelevant" too...wait, that part is actually true. BTW, that WC series made it so the Braves got to throw their Ace twice while the Phillies could only use their's once. Whatsmore, Fried would never have been able to pitch if the post season started earlier. So, you're welcome for the boost the format gave you. Nice job taking advantage of it, by the way. Also, just think about how good the Astros must have been last year to "overcome" the burden of being able to line up their pitching and resting their injured players. They won the World Series. :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Your rant would have merit if it was just the Braves....but same thing happened to LA and BAL...that's not a coincidence....I am wiling to bet AZ didn't beat LA more than 5x during the season....just like us and the Phillies...and now they sweep them? No.....all the talking heads are saying how the current playoff model hurts the good teams
And I am willing to bet that AZ beat LA at least 3x during the season...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I smell fag whining....

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Then you missed how the game actually ended and after they cut the tv feed to switch to the Colorado game… there were offsetting personal fouls that negated the third strike. After it took about 20 minutes to clear the field they resumed play and Atlanta rallied to win…
Dammit!

Once Acuna flied out with the bases loaded, I knew it was over. On the plus side, I did get a good night's sleep.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Live look at Durty and Pasty cruising the streets of Filthy after the big win

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics