Are we going to be any good this year?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n257568 said:
It's hilarious, really, because when I ventured over to GSMB to attempt to lure more people over, you're the most common reason I get for those who don't want to migrate.

Chew on that.

Good. We don't need anymore of those twats, we have enough of them here already.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n257359 said:
Originally posted by Law98gator View Post
We have an OL that at best will be below average and will include probably 5 freshmen including several true freshmen. With an injury or two the will probably be the worst the SEC has seen in modern history.

The defense has basically the same situation at LB. Some talent but everyone has a severe injury history. DL is average at best. Safeties have been atrocious at times.

And both coordinators suck.

Other than that, we are in good shape.

the OL is obviously not going to be good but not as horrible as you are making it out to be. I think mike summers is a great O line coach, far from sucking as you state. You do know our O line from last year sent what, 4 to the NFL? Around that number in summers first year. Linebacker is thin but talented. The DL is far from average. And our safeties have a year under their belts from last year. But hey, we can agree to disagree. I could see us having a horrible year but I also can't see us being quite as bad as some think. Especially with our defense and considering we won 7 last year even with you know who at the helm.

I fell the same way about the OL. Need to keep them healthy at all costs. I think we're fine with Somers, right coach, right time. Most of our inept failures last year was due to Mustank and his attitude. I see us not worse, maybe a tad better. This in part to new coach, attitude, and I think the offense will be customed to fit ALL of our personnel. That was WM's epic failure. Success breeds confidence. If these guys stay healthy, learn on the fly, and Mac helps them with offensively we should see a different product. I know its hard to be optimistic but just cannot see a guy like Mac not having some better results in that area than the last asshat we had here. Time will tell and hoping for the best.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does not sound good. Whip them into shape. Find the bad apples and get rid of them.

McElwain was frustrated with the players’ focus and lack of discipline, lamenting that even the simple, mundane drills are vital to success.
“The hard thing for guys to understand is the attention to detail and how important that route on air is,” he explained.
“Sometimes guys do it thinking it’s a warmup. No. You have to understand that you’ve got to be critically detailed in that particular period. That’s one thing we continuously have to work on with those two groups. It’s not something we take lightly.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/c...of-florida/article30469686.html#storylink=cpy

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n257599 said:
No matter what, we are couple of injuries away from total disaster. 7-5 and the Emerald Nut Bowl.

There's a lot of bright side to this possibility. It would be played in San Francisco and we could go to the game.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n257534 said:
Believe it or not, I did that for most of the season last year (with one particular poster) and over the off-season, it was automatically reset. I don't know why, but the ignore function isn't working now. I may have to look into that again.
:lalala:

Yeah, Ox doesn't like being on anyone's ignore list. He'll just take you off. Believe me, I know

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n257795 said:
Does not sound good. Whip them into shape. Find the bad apples and get rid of them.

That doesn't sound good but the coaches usually don't give the QBs much praise the first few practices.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n257855 said:
Yeah, Ox doesn't like being on anyone's ignore list. He'll just take you off. Believe me, I know

:lol: I initially wrote with a statement like, "I guess the Mod I was ignoring wanted me reading his stuff." I took it out because it wasn't true and I wasn't sure the joke would've landed. :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
To borrow from the old real estate maxim: The three most important positions on any football team are Oline, Oline, and Oline. Hopefully we can improve throughout the year.

All I know is for the first time in three years I won't have mixed feelings when we win.

And Law, for the most part, speaks the truth.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n257967 said:
To borrow from the old real estate maxim: The three most important positions on any football team are Oline, Oline, and Oline. Hopefully we can improve throughout the year.

All I know is for the first time in three years I won't have mixed feelings when we win.

And Law, for the most part, speaks the truth.

There is no truth yet. We haven't even seen this team play. Therefore he is just thinking of the possible negative aspects of the truth.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Check this out. We're here trying to decide how we're gonna be, and I found a Nole preview and prediction of us. Have at it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
aka;n258056 said:
Have at it.

hmm - not as slanted as I thought. pretty fair assessment imo.
I like this:
"Defensively, the secondary will continue to be insanely nasty"

But of course - our DBs are all the rage. Why ... haven't you heard? We are DBU.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think our defensive line is being slept on

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n258063 said:
I think our defensive line is being slept on
Justus Reed and Matthew Fukk looked like All Americans against our OL.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n258469 said:
Justus Reed and Matthew Fukk looked All American against our OL.
Bryan cox Jr, caleb Brantley, Jon Bullard, Alex McAllister is a pretty good starting rotation. With ivie, Bryan, clark Holley, Jefferson,sherrit and yea reed is a 3rd year player. He should provide some depth. Not too mention the other few freshman that came in. We have a ton of bodies there.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n258471 said:
Bryan cox Jr, caleb Brantley, Jon Bullard, Alex McAllister is a pretty good starting rotation. With ivie, Bryan, clark Holley, Jefferson,sherrit and yea reed is a 3rd year player. He should provide some depth. Not too mention the other few freshman that came in. We have a ton of bodies there.

:lies:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lots talent. None elite IMo like Floyd or Easley. We will see. Also very skewed toward edge players. We are weak at NG and true tackle types Being weak up the middle is a big problem for a d.

Also I hoped McCallister would be at Sam but it doesnt sound like the plan. He is very weak vs the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.