Austin Appleby article: Parting Thoughts

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
He threw quite a few dangerous thows pre-injury against N Texas. You could see it was going to be a problem against the better defenses.
Did you rewatch it or are you going from memory? I didn't see "dangerous" passes. I did see some passes that were thrown were only the receiver could get them. Actually pretty darn good accuracy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did you rewatch it or are you going from memory? I didn't see "dangerous" passes. I did see some passes that were thrown were only the receiver could get them. Actually pretty darn good accuracy.

LDR looked horrible vs. N. Texas. In fact, if was "good" he would have been out of the game at the point he was injured. He struggled vs. N. Texas, and that's putting it mildly.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LDR looked horrible vs. N. Texas. In fact, if was "good" he would have been out of the game at the point he was injured. He struggled vs. N. Texas, and that's putting it mildly.
That's what I though until I watched the tape. The oline was getting blown up BTW. But he was connecting on all his passes. I think it was that game that a deep pass was ruled incomplete but should have been overturned on review. And at least two deep balls that were border line PI. But LDR was "on" as far as accuracy and arm strength. Look, I'm just saying that I was shocked after watching it because it didn't go down how I remembered.
Stats don't tell the complete story.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's what I though until I watched the tape. The oline was getting blown up BTW. But he was connecting on all his passes. I think it was that game that a deep pass was ruled incomplete but should have been overturned on review. And at least two deep balls that were border line PI. But LDR was "on" as far as accuracy and arm strength. Look, I'm just saying that I was shocked after watching it because it didn't go down how I remembered.
Stats don't tell the complete story.

Well, I agree the OL play was horrid....and one of the TE's got blown up on the play that LDR got injured on (allowed the LB to make a clean hit). OL's been a problem for the last 2 years. But LDR was far from "on". North Texas' D gave up a ton of points last year, to much worse teams than UF(they went 5-8). La Tech put up 45, UTEP 52, Western Kentucky 45, SMU 34. And he also played like sh*t vs. UMass, who we were struggling w/ going into the 4th quarter w/ a 10-7 lead!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Applbee is a class act and if he decides to get into coaching,he'll fly up the ranks. I'd also like to add urg is an idiot, just to pile on here.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Applbee is a class act and if he decides to get into coaching,he'll fly up the ranks. I'd also like to add urg is an idiot, just to pile on here.
just trying to live up to your standard sweetheart ;)

So you guys really think Appleby was good? That has to be the funniest schit I've read on this site.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well, I agree the OL play was horrid....and one of the TE's got blown up on the play that LDR got injured on (allowed the LB to make a clean hit). OL's been a problem for the last 2 years. But LDR was far from "on". North Texas' D gave up a ton of points last year, to much worse teams than UF(they went 5-8). La Tech put up 45, UTEP 52, Western Kentucky 45, SMU 34. And he also played like sh*t vs. UMass, who we were struggling w/ going into the 4th quarter w/ a 10-7 lead!
I'm going to do a play by play breakdown out of curiosity. I'm only looking at passing ability. I'm not looking the right plays are called or not because that would take a lot more time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

So you guys really think Appleby was good? That has to be the funniest schit I've read on this site.
AA was not good. And I don't even need to review the tape for that conclusion.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Memory mostly - thinking some passes could have got picked against quicker defenders. I also remember some people at the game like GatorTAG (I think it was him anyway) posting his arm was going to be an issue after watching him live at the game.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Memory mostly - thinking some passes could have got picked against quicker defenders. I also remember some people at the game like GatorTAG (I think it was him anyway) posting his arm was going to be an issue after watching him live at the game.
Okay. I'll keep an eye open for that.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

All I remember is screaming at the TV multiple times during the first half of the season to get LDR out of the game and please put AA, Franks, anybody in. :gah: I was tired of LDR sucking so bad. That being said, AA wasn't the answer either, but at least he could throw the ball 50 yards.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just watched the 3 quarters of UF offensive plays only from that N Texas game and LDR has the bad habit of throwing off his back foot with any pressure at all and his arm is not strong enough to get away with that mess.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I remember is screaming at the TV multiple times during the first half of the season to get LDR out of the game and please put AA, Franks, anybody in. :gah: I was tired of LDR sucking so bad. That being said, AA wasn't the answer either, but at least he could throw the ball 50 yards.
Agree completely. LDR is a douchebag and a bad QB. AA is by all accounts a great human being...but that still doesn't change that he just isn't a very good QB.

Interestingly, Ox basically said the same thing in this thread...and yet, no dislikes for him....bunch of nancies posting around here :snicker:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator