Baseball question

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No offense ancient but that’s one of the damn worst questions I’ve ever seen.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach"

Cute saying but there are a whole lot of people 'doing' that are incompetent and a dime a dozen. Good teachers are rare as hens teeth. I rely on professors, teachers and researchers and could not do my work without them.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Cute saying but there are a whole lot of people 'doing' that are incompetent and a dime a dozen. Good teachers are rare as hens teeth. I rely on professors, teachers and researchers and could not do my work without them.

Awe, that so sweet for you to stick up for him. But it was just playful banter.

If I may ask, what is it you do? In my profession, the most competent teachers are those that have been doing it longer than I have and professors in universities are clueless.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Awe, that so sweet for you to stick up for him. But it was just playful banter.

If I may ask, what is it you do? In my profession, the most competent teachers are those that have been doing it longer than I have and professors in universities are clueless.

Knowing it was you I figured you were just ribbing him so I thought I would hassle you just for fun. And yes, there are a lot of clueless teachers. I am a consulting arborist and pastoral theologian. I rely heavily on proven academia types for both. Given my 10 years as a bureaucrat (15 years ago) I am more likely to say "those who can't work for the government' although there are exceptions to that as well.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Knowing it was you I figured you were just ribbing him so I thought I would hassle you just for fun. And yes, there are a lot of clueless teachers. I am a consulting arborist and pastoral theologian. I rely heavily on proven academia types for both. Given my 10 years as a bureaucrat (15 years ago) I am more likely to say "those who can't work for the government' although there are exceptions to that as well.

Dude...thats an odd mix and I have no clue as to the depths of either but I like trees and I feel spiritual when I am around a bunch of them so I get it I guess.

As a network engineer who is contracted by the gov to engineer the army's tactical communications networks I can attest to the ability of some useless mofos that somehow get niched into a position without a threat of being removed even though they are the a complete window licker. But those tend to be in the HR and managerial side and those in the 'operational' side (doers) that can't perform normally get moved to the 'planning' or 'training' side (teach). I suspect this is a common theme in the tech fields.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Dude...thats an odd mix and I have no clue as to the depths of either but I like trees and I feel spiritual when I am around a bunch of them so I get it I guess.

As a network engineer who is contracted by the gov to engineer the army's tactical communications networks I can attest to the ability of some useless mofos that somehow get niched into a position without a threat of being removed even though they are the a complete window licker. But those tend to be in the HR and managerial side and those in the 'operational' side (doers) that can't perform normally get moved to the 'planning' or 'training' side (teach). I suspect this is a common theme in the tech fields.

I have worked with some great 'public servants' but unfortunately I have also worked with a large number of those that insisted on overcomplicating simple issues in order to nourish their sense of self-importance and use it as leverage to bully those that they are supposed to serve. My formal training and degree are in pastoral theology from which I am honorably retired. My arborist training has been facilitated by having access to one of the greatest arboricultural research universities in the world ~ UF/IFAS

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
If you can't do research, you can't get tenure at a modern research university. Without physicists, there wouldn't be jobs for net engineers. You are welcome.

most research in my field started and came from the dept of defense, though it was a mixed intertwined web with academia

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If you can't do research, you can't get tenure at a modern research university. Without physicists, there wouldn't be jobs for net engineers. You are welcome.

Can you help fix my gmail business account? Google techs are proving useless. I am asking everybody.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah...thats 101 level crap. You can probably get a job at radio shack with that though.
Enough is enough, but I will end with this. Your response shows you don't get it.. Where would the net be without the work of Hertz, Maxwell, and countless others? I used to love teaching students with practical experience and an attitude. I found the exclamation "Oh! That's why they told us to do it that way!" particularly satisfying.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Enough is enough, but I will end with this. Your response shows you don't get it.. Where would the net be without the work of Hertz, Maxwell, and countless others? I used to love teaching students with practical experience and an attitude. I found the exclamation "Oh! That's why they told us to do it that way!" particularly satisfying.

Why did you stop there? There are many before them that Hertz, Maxwell and countless others took from and built upon moving forward. I guess you don't get it. You are in a field and that field isn't all encompassing yet you point your finger at me and tell me Im the one that is in a field so dependent on you? Whatever dude. I dont know you, I only pick and kid. I have a full understanding of the depth of things that I don't know that what I do know is built upon. We are all prop'd up by the work of others but we are all not out there doing it.

Im currently working with a new waveform that isn't in the civilian sector nor being researched there. While I am by no means the one who created it, I am on a team that is actively researching it by implementing it in a controlled network and doing characterizations of it. What we end up doing as a team will eventually probably be taught in academia. Not tooting my horn on it, just pointing out that professors in their ivory towers looking down on the rest of us are normally clueless and well behind the times. Don't throw hertz at me dude, Im working on digital sh!t. Hertz is old school and useless at this point (edit:well, not useless, just a variable that is easily tracked thanks to his hard work). That is just a known equation that is done in a matter of seconds in the background.

EDIT: after rereading that, that really came off a bit harsh than intended. I play rough, sorry. kisses

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.