Basketball: Florida Gators vs Eckerd College (Exhibition)

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping that a lot of this was first game jitters of a team that hasn't played together in real competition yet. Stone and Barry obviously haven't really played with these guys yet and exhibition and real games are always different than practice.

I think we will be on the bubble this year partially due to not having a home game until Jan. It is going to be tough to win all those games on the road.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for posting. I couldn't remember if it was Eckerd or Barry. How did he end up doing there?

I have no idea. I vaguely remembered this when you asked so I looked up the roster. I guess they were willing to take him. Looks like he had a decent season last year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have no idea. I vaguely remembered this when you asked so I looked up the roster. I guess they were willing to take him. Looks like he had a decent season last year.

I finally clicked the link. Looks like he's a starter and averaged around 9.5 ppg. He's 6'5 260. Probably would have been a hell of a TE at that size (and w/ the athletic ability as a basketball player). He was a reach as a football recruit (and a head scratcher). He was a similar prospect at Taven Bryan, and that's turned out surprisingly well.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I finally clicked the link. Looks like he's a starter and averaged around 9.5 ppg. He's 6'5 260. Probably would have been a hell of a TE at that size (and w/ the athletic ability as a basketball player). He was a reach as a football recruit (and a head scratcher). He was a similar prospect at Taven Bryan, and that's turned out surprisingly well.

... so, he'd be good for our dink & dunk offense ?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping that a lot of this was first game jitters of a team that hasn't played together in real competition yet. Stone and Barry obviously haven't really played with these guys yet and exhibition and real games are always different than practice.

I think we will be on the bubble this year partially due to not having a home game until Jan. It is going to be tough to win all those games on the road.
Agree about the first game playing together and tough road to start the season, and I'm a supporter of giving Coach White a chance, but if he can't take this team to the dance, and at least win one game, then he probably isn't the guy. We have enough talent and experience to be in the top 25. Anything less than the round of 32 would be a failure, IMO.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I didn't see if Rimmer had any dunks. And looks like Leon has put on some muscle.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
does anybody know if we're after Kevin Knox the #7 ranked kid in the 2017 class? He's from Tampa Catholic so it would seem like he's a guy we should be keeping an eye. Adds some size and athleticism

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
does anybody know if we're after Kevin Knox the #7 ranked kid in the 2017 class? He's from Tampa Catholic so it would seem like he's a guy we should be keeping an eye. Adds some size and athleticism

His dad was an FSU WR. The chrystal ball says Duke with made a chance for UK with FSU fading.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
According to Jeff Goodman we beat UAB in a closed scrimmage Saturday. Egbunu looked really good as did Hill and Robinson.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
According to Jeff Goodman we beat UAB in a closed scrimmage Saturday. Egbunu looked really good as did Hill and Robinson.

CBS calls UAB the 88th best team in D1 this year. They have some decent size and experience so if this report is accurate, it is encouraging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.