Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread: 7'7" Olivier Rioux, "World's Tallest Teenager", commits to Florida

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Florida is still Florida. It has a great reputation, great resources and is in a great conference. Mike White was in an unenviable position following Billy D. I appreciate what he tried to do but I am glad he's gone. I'm still not sure what we have in Golden but he seems to be earning some leeway.
At least he beat White twice.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah I agree. A stretch big that can pass and has 2 years of eligibility. And can play next to handlogten. I would imagine we'd take him first
We visited Samuel in Canada i believe at the end of the visits for Handlogten and Perry. Samuel is the target, partly cause he can play PF next to Handlogten and at only 1 year doesn't limit the roster, so they can add a top recruit there (Flory Bidunga) for 2024

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
How do you all feel about the moves new coach is making... signs he can recruit well?
Are you not able to read the thread? We currently have the #1 transfer class in the nation. Goldie is gaining mondo momentum. Transfers are hopping aboard. This roster is shaping up to be significantly better than last year's. Bodes well for 2023 season as many teams excelled with the right combination of transfer players. High school recruiting is getting less and less important, especially in BB. Should be an interesting year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We visited Samuel in Canada i believe at the end of the visits for Handlogten and Perry. Samuel is the target, partly cause he can play PF next to Handlogten and at only 1 year doesn't limit the roster, so they can add a top recruit there (Flory Bidunga) for 2024
Sounds like we'd take both. The upside with Samuel is he'd give us sure fire sec quality big

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Are you not able to read the thread? We currently have the #1 transfer class in the nation. Goldie is gaining mondo momentum. Transfers are hopping aboard. This roster is shaping up to be significantly better than last year's. Bodes well for 2023 season as many teams excelled with the right combination of transfer players. High school recruiting is getting less and less important, especially in BB. Should be an interesting year.
12 pages. Able to read the thread, yes. Willing, no.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Just read where Jitoboh is landing at TN State, and Reeves is going to be playing at GT. Sounds about right.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like we'd take both. The upside with Samuel is he'd give us sure fire sec quality big
I'm not sure we have room for both. With Handlogten, Jarvis, Condon, Hough, Fudge and the German kid whose name starts with an S, that's a lot of front court players already.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is an intriguing prospect. I don’t expect much next season. He will need to get stronger and it’ll take time to adjust to the SEC game which is much more physical than where he was playing. The kid has a nice post game though.
I'm not worried about him handling the physicality. I read somewhere that his dad was a great Australian rules football player and that he was trying to follow in those footsteps before he got so tall.

I think the issue there is that he hasn't been playing basketball long and he'll need to work on the fundamentals. Definitely a project.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

ice cream animation GIF by Nickel Joints

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.