Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread: 7'7" Olivier Rioux, "World's Tallest Teenager", commits to Florida

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The only shot I want him to be able to make more than 5 feet away is a free throw. I don’t even want him to dribble the ball. Grab it and put it back up.
This^^

At that height, if he can't shoot free throws they will hack him incessantly to get him to the FT line. If he is a liability there and not an asset, he does little good for us.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This^^

At that height, if he can't shoot free throws they will hack him incessantly to get him to the FT line. If he is a liability there and not an asset, he does little good for us.
I hope he does underhanded Free Throws cause his hands are too damn big for shot puts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The good thing about his complete lack of athleticism is that he won’t be looking to jump to the NBA after a year. We can have him as long as we want.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This^^

According to his Fiba stats, he is a career 30% from the line. This will have to be a trust the coaches signing. I expect him to redshirt. Guys like this don’t come along very often. It is worth the risk.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There’s no reason why he can’t be Manute Bol, in that he’s only in there for defense and rebounding.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is a really nice highlight vid of Olivier Rioux. While he is as slow as Dez running the 40, he has really nice touch around the basket.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
With that reach he can dunk his free throws. And with one step backwards he'll be back on defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator