Gator Basketball Basketball Offseason Thread: 7'7" Olivier Rioux, "World's Tallest Teenager", commits to Florida

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why wouldn’t Rioux go straight to the Euro league for a year? He’d get better players to compete against then in college.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Why wouldn’t Rioux go straight to the Euro league for a year? He’d get better players to compete against then in college.
Don't you ruin this for us.

Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If Rioux can stroke the three like Manute Bol I'll take him.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If Rioux can stroke the three like Manute Bol I'll take him.
In all of Rioux's highlights I've seen one jumper and that was in a news piece on him. It wasn't an actual highlight reel. His form was solid. If he puts in the work I see no reason why he couldn't develop into a good midrange shooter and maybe from three as well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In all of Rioux's highlights I've seen one jumper and that was in a news piece on him. It wasn't an actual highlight reel. His form was solid. If he puts in the work I see no reason why he couldn't develop into a good midrange shooter and maybe from three as well.
:lmao:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that it's even entertained that a guy that is 7'7" would ever even ATTEMPT a 3-pointer points to the obsession with it in modern basketball. That dude should never be more than 12 feet away from the basket. Ever.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
If Rioux's height of 7'-7" is accurate, that put's him an inch taller than Tacko Fall. Update on Tacko, he plays for the Nanjing Monkey Kings in China. What are the chances we get a "Monkey Kings" franchise in the NBA?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The guy is 7’7. I want him to be in the paint getting rebounds and shooting 2 foot shots.

He doesn’t even have to jump to dunk. Why do I want him shooting 15 to 23 footers?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only shot I want him to be able to make more than 5 feet away is a free throw. I don’t even want him to dribble the ball. Grab it and put it back up.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I am surprised Purdue isn't grabbing him. They already signed a guy that's 7'3. Can you imagine that front court?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator