Gator Basketball Basketball preseason

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Gators land, Tuongthach “Tuon” Gatkek, a JUCO college transfer:

Florida adds fifth transfer to its roster with Gatkek - The Independent Florida Alligator

Here, before you click, let me save you some time. He's 6' 9 and he's 175 pounds so unless he has some guard-like skills like Kevin Durant he's gonna be a complete waste of space until he can put on some weight. He has no highlight videos that I can find and averaged like 9-10 points or something in JUCO. I can't really find any information about him at all and don't think anybody else wanted him.

I really don't understand why we take kids like this. Dude wouldn't even start for a mid-major team. Please make me look stupid by proving me wrong, tuon.
Roster filler. With Samson gone and Keyontae most likely never playing we needed more bodies. The last two gets fills out our roster this year

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With the way Rona is knocking players out, you need guys to practice. Roster filler spot for that Gak guy, otherwise the roster is loaded but still very uncertain cause its White coaching.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
With the way Whitey turns over a roster every year, it does not matter whether they are a freshmen or junior. He'll just tell them to transfer.

I think I found our new favorite GIF:

giphy.gif

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Potential top 50 recruit committing tomorrow. Malik Reneau. Seems to be between us and FSU. We are trending in a good way today, but still no idea

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At least Reneau sounds like a high-minutes guy. Multi-year Gator?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Louisville suspends Mack six games without pay

We might be able to get Chris Mack on the cheap now. I know a few here wanted Mack at UF so it could still happen.

I am not sure if Chris Mack is so much of a cheater or if Louisville knows no other way to win.

Mack was preceded by some guy named Pitino who was fired for???

Louisville has been accused of cheating in multiple sports in the last 5-6 years and ultimately fired their crooked a$$ AD.

Not really defending Mack as much as I am indicting Louisville. A school that is now pretending to be appalled by their own standard procedures.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I see this as part of a conglomerate surprise package.? These congealing resumes of untested teammates make possibilities exciting as well as frightful. Looking forward to Gator Football but maybe Basketball more.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This looks like him. He seems bigger than 210 (247 listing) to me. Rivals has him at 225 which seems more accurate.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This looks like him. He seems bigger than 210 (247 listing) to me. Rivals has him at 225 which seems more accurate.

It appears 247 is behind on the measurements and subsequently ranking of Reneau. He is ranked top 25 by ESPN and Rivals in their latest updates I think. I expect the same from 247 eventually

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.