C: Hayes/Gak/Stokes/Bassett/Johnson

This assuming Robinson and Egbunu leave

I see the rotation so far next year as:

PG: Chiozza,
SG: Allen, Hester
SF: Stone, Hudson
PF: Stokes,
C: Hayes, Gak

I am confident in the guard rotation and expect Hester to back up both spots with Hudson swinging between SG and SF. All the guards have shown they can play some on this level. Hester coming on in the last few games has been a real plus. Stone, Hudson, Hayes and Gak a little bit have shown they can play on this level. I am projecting with Stokes probably in part because his brother came to UTn SEC ready to play 25 mins per game, but clearly this could be Bassett or Johnson or maybe if Gak is most ready Hayes goes to PF.

Of course a graduate transfer could change this or Robinson or Hayes might stay.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Just about every year, we lose someone who goes pro early in both football and basketball who has no business going, but does anyway. Believe me, someone that we all expect to be on the team with absolute certainty next season will be gone. Who will it be? No one knows. But it always happens.

And once, just effing once, I would love it if some b-ball stud was down to UF and Duke or Kentucky and shockingly picked UF. But let's face it, it's NEVER going to happen.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
And once, just effing once, I would love it if some b-ball stud was down to UF and Duke or Kentucky and shockingly picked UF. But let's face it, it's NEVER going to happen.

It has happened plenty of times. Kasey Hill and Bradley Beal were recent ones. Chris Walker was also probably one too. Of course you mean in the White era and we will have to keep hoping for that.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I see the rotation so far next year as:

PG: Chiozza,
SG: Allen, Hester
SF: Stone, Hudson
PF: Stokes,
C: Hayes, Gak

I am confident in the guard rotation and expect Hester to back up both spots with Hudson swinging between SG and SF. All the guards have shown they can play some on this level. Hester coming on in the last few games has been a real plus. Stone, Hudson, Hayes and Gak a little bit have shown they can play on this level. I am projecting with Stokes probably in part because his brother came to UTn SEC ready to play 25 mins per game, but clearly this could be Bassett or Johnson or maybe if Gak is most ready Hayes goes to PF.

Of course a graduate transfer could change this or Robinson or Hayes might stay.
Hudson will be starting imo, no question...SG or SF....him and Allen might be the best scoring duo in the country next year

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
It has happened plenty of times. Kasey Hill and Bradley Beal were recent ones. Chris Walker was also probably one too. Of course you mean in the White era and we will have to keep hoping for that.

Selective memory: I tried to forget that the two biggest McDonald's All American busts (Hill and Walker) attended UF.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hudson will be starting imo, no question...SG or SF....him and Allen might be the best scoring duo in the country next year

Yeah we have had this disucssion before. I think and hope that UF can continue to start 3 bigs. But all of this depends on Bassett developing or Stokes or Johnson being ready.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah we have had this disucssion before. I think and hope that UF can continue to start 3 bigs. But all of this depends on Bassett developing or Stokes or Johnson being ready.
I think Stokes can...I just don't think Stone can play SF that much. He is probably not as good as Robinson handling the ball. Very loose with the dribble/wild

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Stokes can...I just don't think Stone can play SF that much. He is probably not as good as Robinson handling the ball. Very loose with the dribble/wild
I watched stokes play a few weeks ago and if he's starting, we're in trouble.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Well Leon nor Robinson is a great ball handler either.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I watched stokes play a few weeks ago and if he's starting, we're in trouble.
I don't know which game you saw...but he plays like Robinson offensively, plus low post moves...all while being 280 lbs. Looks like he may be quicker than Robinson along with better ball handling and passing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know which game you saw...but he plays like Robinson offensively, plus low post moves...all while being 280 lbs. Looks like he may be quicker than Robinson along with better ball handling and passing.
They played on espnu. He had 8 points and quite a few turn overs. He doesnt run the floor at all. Has very little lift and doesn't hit the boards very hard. He's got a ways to go and needs to shed some weight.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
They played on espnu. He had 8 points and quite a few turn overs. He doesnt run the floor at all. Has very little lift and doesn't hit the boards very hard. He's got a ways to go and needs to shed some weight.
The weight is due to football. He was 300 + during football season and he was trying to play both in college. Since he committed he has said he is going to lose his football weight. My guess is by next season he is 20-30 lbs lighter at least

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The weight is due to football. He was 300 + during football season and he was trying to play both in college. Since he committed he has said he is going to lose his football weight. My guess is by next season he is 20-30 lbs lighter at least
We better hope because he doesn't carry it very well.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Haha...which part, Hudson starting or best scoring duo?

I think they both avg between 15-20 ppg

That depends on other guys NOT developing. I really can not see them getting that many shots or points. Stone is going to get his shots and points next year. Hayes will get his points too though he may take up fewer shots. Chiozza and particularly Hester will take up some shot too. As of now UF is too deep for two guys to dominate the offense like that and this is before any graduate transfer this off season.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
That depends on other guys NOT developing. I really can not see them getting that many shots or points. Stone is going to get his shots and points next year. Hayes will get his points too though he may take up fewer shots. Chiozza and particularly Hester will take up some shot too. As of now UF is too deep for two guys to dominate the offense like that and this is before any graduate transfer this off season.
I am also expecting much better offense though...going up to 85-90 ppg. If they avg 30....that still leaves 60 to go between the rest of the players. 10 For Stone, 10 for Hayes, and 15 for PGs (Hester and Chiozza). That leaves 20-25 pts for the rest of the bench. Which I think is feasible with Okauru, Ballard, Johnson, Stokes, Gak, and Bassett

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I am also expecting much better offense though...going up to 85-90 ppg. If they avg 30....that still leaves 60 to go between the rest of the players. 10 For Stone, 10 for Hayes, and 15 for PGs (Hester and Chiozza). That leaves 20-25 pts for the rest of the bench. Which I think is feasible with Okauru, Ballard, Johnson, Stokes, Gak, and Bassett

Nine teams are scoring 85+ a game this year. UF is only 6.3 points away from the 85 mark now. I expect Frank Martin to still be at SoCar and that holds down your scoring. I expect LSU to actually play defense next year. So I am a bit skeptical.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Currently the leading individual scorer is getting 30 a game. I will be surprised if Allen and Hudson average that many combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator