Basketball team needs to be renamed the "Florida Heartbreakers"

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n177305 said:
Good coaching on defense maybe but on offense we have done nothing. Donovan is a great coach but even he wouldn't try to claim he has done a good job coaching them or game planning this season. Taking people out at the end of close games who were just finally making some shots also made me scratch my head a few times this season.
He's got to play who he trust at the end of games. I'm sure there's some things he feels he could have done different but there's never been any glaring answers offensively. We shouldn't even be in half of these games we're in from a talent stand point. That's the point I'm making.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach D should just start the game with Walker and make him play 'til he fouls out. During the off-season some
retired NBA pro big man has to tutor Walker in all big man facets. However, no teammate feeds Walker up high,
especially when he breaks from setting a screen. I'm talking how much we got to lose?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n177434 said:
Coach D should just start the game with Walker and make him play 'til he fouls out. During the off-season some
retired NBA pro big man has to tutor Walker in all big man facets. However, no teammate feeds Walker up high,
especially when he breaks from setting a screen. I'm talking how much we got to lose?

Gee it seems we have several NBA players at the forward position so it is not like coach is deficient in developing talent. Now you have to have talent as well as work correctly. Practice is when you learn, games are where you show what you have learned.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just saying Alex, maybe obvious fan-quantifiable subpar play on display will be the thing to create the do or die with CW ?
Are we going to go forward much better than 12-12 for the 2nd half of the seson?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This team has nothing to play for so I'm not sure they even win a game the rest of the season. Their confidence is totally shot since they have had such bad luck in losing so many close games in the final possession.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well perhaps they will listen to coach and compete every possession. Plenty to play for.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
At it again tonight. I went five minutes before I had to cut it off. They are unwatchable.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n177512 said:
This team has nothing to play for so I'm not sure they even win a game the rest of the season. Their confidence is totally shot since they have had such bad luck in losing so many close games in the final possession.

Maybe they will finally get that down in the SEC Tournament and knock off Kentucky and the rest of the teams and we will make the big dance.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If UAB Birmingham disbanded their basketball team, maybe we can get a talented PG ? :chickenlittle:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pain!!

Attachments

• conv_2444.gif
    conv_2444.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 34

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I like watching this team. The never fckn quit and every game someone new show signs of being good. I will admit BD has few shooters on the team and without MF we are having to find other ways to do it and that is actually a good thing. Watching that Kentucky game all I could think was "If Harrison was on our team we beat them. Think about it. We played them straight up all game and then the last 20 without our only 3 pt shooter and STILL stayed with them. Billy can coach. You take Harrison from them and put em on our team and we beat them no doubt. I know it is hard to believe but these young guys are learning and becoming mentally stronger. LIke Norman Dale said,

Coach Norman Dale: If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.
Z

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with most of that. We've been in basically every game this year, some without our best shooter.

We re young and will figure it out along with adding some studs next year. Future is bright boys

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorJay26;n178006 said:
I agree with most of that. We've been in basically every game this year, some without our best shooter.

We re young and will figure it out along with adding some studs next year. Future is bright boys

This team has lost 6 of their games by a total of 8 points. And 8 of their games by a total of 21 points. It's almost unreal.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As far as next year is concerned all I've heard about egbunu is that he's the real deal. A true post player and shot blocker. Also heard Francis is looking good and will make an impact aswell.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Egbunu block party. This team desperately needs this now.

For next year, I'm a bit concerned about the scholarship overload. Will guys be forced out or could someone pull an Adam Allen and open up a scholarship?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n178001 said:
LIke Norman Dale said,

Coach Norman Dale: If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.
:facepalm:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n178159 said:

:eek:ldman: I tell you what, oxy, I dont see any losers on our team. Just a jumbled up group of players trying to figure it out with too many injuries during the year and some of the poorest shooting from the line and any anywhere else. But no quit. They need to learn how to forget the last shot and shoot like they do in warm ups. MF is the only one like that. And DFS somewhat.
btw Hoosiers is a classic and full of basketball I believe in. I played 4 years of HS basketball starting at PG in most of them. It was my passion until I got older and now I watch it mostly (and teach it)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n178167 said:
:eek:ldman: I tell you what, oxy, I dont see any losers on our team. Just a jumbled up group of players trying to figure it out with too many injuries during the year and some of the poorest shooting from the line and any anywhere else. But no quit. They need to learn how to forget the last shot and shoot like they do in warm ups. MF is the only one like that. And DFS somewhat.
btw Hoosiers is a classic and full of basketball I believe in. I played 4 years of HS basketball starting at PG in most of them. It was my passion until I got older and now I watch it mostly (and teach it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator