Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
ffee834f2cf2413a6f344c0994822bef.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We just got home from our local Ace Hardware where we were going to purchase a stihl leaf blower. They were chained to the wall so it required assistance to hold one. The two guys at the counter were complaining about the day and how bad it was going to be. In fact they said it multiple times. They were about 25' from us so we could hear their conversation and they could see us. We were there 15 minutes and never once did they speak to us or ask if they could help. Seedy went looking for a manager and couldn't find one so on our way out they said, "Have a good day." We let them have it. Millennials have no clue what customer service is.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
We just got home from our local Ace Hardware where we were going to purchase a stihl leaf blower. They were chained to the wall so it required assistance to hold one. The two guys at the counter were complaining about the day and how bad it was going to be. In fact they said it multiple times. They were about 25' from us so we could hear their conversation and they could see us. We were there 15 minutes and never once did they speak to us or ask if they could help. Seedy went looking for a manager and couldn't find one so on our way out they said, "Have a good day." We let them have it. Millennials have no clue what customer service is.
The manager is probably a Millennial too so talking to him/her would be worthless.

Are there any farmer's co-ops up there? That is where I usually purchase my Stihl equipment and they tend to have better pricing than other stores.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The manager is probably a Millennial too so talking to him/her would be worthless.

Are there any farmer's co-ops up there? That is where I usually purchase my Stihl equipment and they tend to have better pricing than other stores.
There are no shortage of places to purchase stihl around here. We went to the closest. I thought stihl prices were set the same everywhere. Is that not true? :dunno:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hate hearing that. My local Ace is the opposite. I go in every so often to grab some charcoal and am usually accosted by at least two employees who are dying to help me find something. I've taken to asking if the charcoal is still in the same spot and it seems to satisfy them that they've "assisted" me.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hate hearing that. My local Ace is the opposite. I go in every so often to grab some charcoal and am usually accosted by at least two employees who are dying to help me find something. I've taken to asking if the charcoal is still in the same spot and it seems to satisfy them that they've "assisted" me.
This Ace just changed hands. It might have been a True Value and I recognized the local owners. They provided the same excellence service that you experienced. This was the first time in the new Great Lakes Ace. It's no longer a local owner but might be regional now. We will never go back.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This Ace just changed hands. It might have been a True Value and I recognized the local owners. They provided the same excellence service that you experienced. This was the first time in the new Great Lakes Ace. It's no longer a local owner but might be regional now. We will never go back.
I always give my neighborhood ACE every speck of bidness I can. Unparalleled customer service.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A buddy of mine I went to high school with, and his father, own about 12 or 15 Ace Hardware stores in and around the Orlando market.

They would go off on those employees if that happened in their stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.