BB Final Stretch

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I agree with your assessment. I think we'll beat Mizzou on the road. If we lose to UK at home (we need another key win) we need to beat UGA on the road. I would love a South Carolina road win, but don't think that will happen. 11 or 12 wins in conference and we'll be in. If we have 10 wins we might slip to one of those 'play in games'
Relax, gentlemen, we will beat UK. Yes, you heard it here first.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since65,
I will not go too deep on this since there is a dramatic difference in opinions on this but I think the talent on this team is better than most people.
I also don't agree with any comparison to last year's team because the make up is so much different. Here are just a few:
- Center - Egbunu/Hayes/ Rimmer versus Walker/Horford = no contest
- Two guard - Allen versus Frazier = Major upgrade. Frazier became selfish last year and his play dropped off. In addition, Allen can actually create his own shot versus being a stationary shooter only.
- Point guard - Hill/Chiozza versus Hill/Chiozza = Still a weak spot but both players are a year older and better.

I could add on but you get the point. Billy was poised for a bounce back year this year now that he had depth, better inside play, and eliminated a couple of problems (Walker/Frazier).
I am not throwing White under the bus just stating that I believe this team has underachieved to some extent. The good news is that we have a lot of basketball left and this team can still have a good year.
Whether White is the long term answer will be determined on the recruiting trails in the next 2-3 year.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since65,
I will not go too deep on this since there is a dramatic difference in opinions on this but I think the talent on this team is better than most people.
I also don't agree with any comparison to last year's team because the make up is so much different. Here are just a few:
- Center - Egbunu/Hayes/ Rimmer versus Walker/Horford = no contest
- Two guard - Allen versus Frazier = Major upgrade. Frazier became selfish last year and his play dropped off. In addition, Allen can actually create his own shot versus being a stationary shooter only.
- Point guard - Hill/Chiozza versus Hill/Chiozza = Still a weak spot but both players are a year older and better.

I could add on but you get the point. Billy was poised for a bounce back year this year now that he had depth, better inside play, and eliminated a couple of problems (Walker/Frazier).
I am not throwing White under the bus just stating that I believe this team has underachieved to some extent. The good news is that we have a lot of basketball left and this team can still have a good year.
Whether White is the long term answer will be determined on the recruiting trails in the next 2-3 year.

This is a good post. I do think Frazier was probably a little better than you give him credit for though. When he got hurt our season went from bad to dreadful.
Also I like Robinson and Leon a lot better than Eli Carter. We just weren't very talented a year ago. Leon , Egbunu and Allen have been great additions.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Agree with DGD, this team has lots of talent and way more than last years squad. Let's see how much heart they have heading into this final stretch. It starts tomorrow with another must win home contest, then it gets really interesting to see if they can step it up on the road. DFS has been incredibly steady and big John pretty good too (still misses too many hooks around the hoop) but I want to see DRob and Allen really step up their offensive game and the whole team keep up their D and hustle.

You want to peak in Feb/May so lets see if these guys and coach White are up to the task.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well, have to admit, I kind of saw this crap coming but thought we'd find a way to get enough wins to sneak in. Turns out they didn't have it in them, or at least didn't have the coach who could bring it out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.