BCS Champions Ranked

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
USC gave that game to Texas with a boatload of careless, sloppy mistakes from an over confident team (remember Reggie Bush’s stupid pitch). If USC eliminated so much as ONE of their dumb mistakes they would have won by likely double digits and nobody would be blowing Vince Young. To say he and Texas are the best player and team of the BCS era is ludicrous. 2013 FSU at number 4 is also a joke.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Texas was a good team with a transcendant talent at QB. UF was a GREAT team with a transcendant talent at QB. I don't think Texas' defense could have stopped that '08 offense, and I know for a damn fact our defense could have stopped Vince Young's offense. USC's defense was not that great that year, Fresno even ran up a ton of points on them. If it wasn't for USC's offense in '05, they wouldn't have sniffed the title game. I do, however, think they underrated '04 USC.

I think '08 UF and '01 Miami should be 1-2, in whichever order you want it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I know that reading is not a strength of yours. Particularly reading comprehension. But the title of the article in this thread is BCS era. Those games were not in the BCS era.

JC...

You really need to read my post carefully to understand how well frankly dumb you sound.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You really need to read my post carefully to understand how well frankly dumb you sound.
ESPN wasn't saying anything about these teams being the best ever. They clearly labled it as best of the BCS era. It's no different than if they were ranking the best teams of this decade or the last 25 years or any other time period. Your butthurt hard on for ESPN nonwithstanding, that was made abundantly clear prior to reading the article. It's also a little silly to call someone dumb when you use the term "lessor" when trying to say "lesser," unless you were saying the conferences were leasing out property to other conferences.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hard for me to believe they are going to leave out UNL 1995 or for that matter UF 1996. Heck those teams maybe should be ranked 1 and 2 respectively in any retrospective ranking during the playoff era.

I know I know some of you who can not think for yourselves and can only parrot what ESPN tells you to think want to will want to mock me and pretend there was something hugely different after 1997. You are of course wrong, but since ESPN told you to think that way you don't have the ability to think anything else. Just because a couple of lessor conferences joined in and they made a small change in the name does not mean it was something completely different.
What’s a UNL?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hard for me to believe they are going to leave out UNL 1995 or for that matter UF 1996. Heck those teams maybe should be ranked 1 and 2 respectively in any retrospective ranking during the playoff era.

I know I know some of you who can not think for yourselves and can only parrot what ESPN tells you to think want to will want to mock me and pretend there was something hugely different after 1997. You are of course wrong, but since ESPN told you to think that way you don't have the ability to think anything else. Just because a couple of lessor conferences joined in and they made a small change in the name does not mean it was something completely different.
:what2:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It sucks we had the one loss or it would be easy to put us number 1. That Miami team was loaded everywhere. Those LBs were sick in Vilma and Williams(not to mention the offense was stacked too). That would be a game for the ages...though coaching wise Meyer could overcome the slight talent advantage. Helen Keller could've coached Miami to a title.

That said F the Canes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Helen Keller could've coached Miami to a title.

That case has been made variously. The players themselves admitted the team was on autopilot. Coker just happened to be there.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
ESPN wasn't saying anything about these teams being the best ever. They clearly labled it as best of the BCS era. It's no different than if they were ranking the best teams of this decade or the last 25 years or any other time period. Your butthurt hard on for ESPN nonwithstanding, that was made abundantly clear prior to reading the article. It's also a little silly to call someone dumb when you use the term "lessor" when trying to say "lesser," unless you were saying the conferences were leasing out property to other conferences.

If I had misspelled lesser in a post criticizing him for a misspelling, I would agree with you. He criticized my reading skills in a post year I posted and explained my contrarian opinion about this false separation of the first 3 years of the playoffs from the years after because of a small change in participation and a tiny name change.

I made my view quite clear. He read the first line or so of my post and accused me of lack of reading comprehension. Had he read my entire post or comprehended it, he would have never posted that response and made himself look dumb.

My view is that you better have carefully read and comprehended a post before criticizing someone else for lack of reading or comprehension. Similarly if you are going to criticize someone for spelling errors, you better not have any yourself. My own view is spelling criticism is a waste of time and usually shows one has no counterpoint to make. And finally just to round this off for another group around here who constantly make themselves look dumb, if you do not like someone's nonstandard in you mind abbreviations or pet names for other program, you better not have any yourself, like say Kintucky.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If I had misspelled lesser in a post criticizing him for a misspelling, I would agree with you. He criticized my reading skills in a post year I posted and explained my contrarian opinion about this false separation of the first 3 years of the playoffs from the years after because of a small change in participation and a tiny name change.

I made my view quite clear. He read the first line or so of my post and accused me of lack of reading comprehension. Had he read my entire post or comprehended it, he would have never posted that response and made himself look dumb.

My view is that you better have carefully read and comprehended a post before criticizing someone else for lack of reading or comprehension. Similarly if you are going to criticize someone for spelling errors, you better not have any yourself. My own view is spelling criticism is a waste of time and usually shows one has no counterpoint to make. And finally just to round this off for another group around here who constantly make themselves look dumb, if you do not like someone's nonstandard in you mind abbreviations or pet names for other program, you better not have any yourself, like say Kintucky.
:finger:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Well I counterpointed what you said and then tacked on the spelling crack for kicks. You’re taking all of this way too seriously. :crazy:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

latest

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If I was a betting man I would probably take our 2008 team and that 2001 Miami team in any head to head m
This.....and furthermore the 2008 OU team we beat would have destroyed that Texas team and hung about 60 points on their defense which had more holes than a pin cushion.....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well I counterpointed what you said and then tacked on the spelling crack for kicks. You’re taking all of this way too seriously. :crazy:

Right that is why I responded to your counterpoints thought I guess I did not point out that ESPN is really short hand for all mediots. My view is that UF fans should not let mediots down grade the 1996 championship on such a flimsy change. Sadly some UF fans fail to get it.

BTW, one thing about the internet is that it is hard to know how seriously someone takes something. I like the exchange of ideas and do not expect people to necessarily agree with my sometimes contrarian views. Like everyone here sometimes I comment without fully reading particularly a linked article. It would however be nice if someone accusing me of not reading or comprehending would actually have read what I said.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Right that is why I responded to your counterpoints thought I guess I did not point out that ESPN is really short hand for all mediots. My view is that UF fans should not let mediots down grade the 1996 championship on such a flimsy change. Sadly some UF fans fail to get it.

BTW, one thing about the internet is that it is hard to know how seriously someone takes something. I like the exchange of ideas and do not expect people to necessarily agree with my sometimes contrarian views. Like everyone here sometimes I comment without fully reading particularly a linked article. It would however be nice if someone accusing me of not reading or comprehending would actually have read what I said.

I had a long response to this. Then I just decided to go with this...

:suicide:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tim Tebow ranks among the greatest quarterbacks in college football history. He helped lead the Gators' offense to 611 points, the highest scoring total in SEC history, all while playing against eight of the nation's top 30 defenses.

This part makes me sad :weep:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
96 was the first Bowl alliance championship game. Or was it 95?

No one gives a fvkk that Big 10 didnt want to play yet.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Insti, we all make mistakes. Why don't you just admit you made one and move on before that hole you're digging for yourself reaches Sydney.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
96 was the first Bowl alliance championship game. Or was it 95?

No one gives a fvkk that Big 10 didnt want to play yet.

I think 95 was the first. Otherwise, we would’ve been in the Sugar playing an at large top 10 school vice the Fiesta vs the steroid huskers.

As you hinted, the Bowl Alliance was the BCS before the big 10 and pac 10 realized they weren’t nearly as important as they thought they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.