BCS Champions Ranked

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The '06 team crushed what most pundits believed was the best team in America, yet only a 21st ranking.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I have no major feelings about tx. Timmy and crew beat out every one of our rivals on that list.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when we used to make fun of Ugly and scUM for living in the past?

Those were good times.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wow. I point out a big positive about that list and get nuthin. Donkey once again finds a way to complain and gets 3 likes.

Any post that mentions Timmy should get a like or some type of fist bump reply. This board is becoming a pathetic group of miserable losers.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I stopped reading at longhorns. The author's reasoning is pure garbage. I don't even have Young in my top 5 QBs of the past 20 years much less the best player overall. He was great. He wasn't that good. This is a guy that said he would decide to run pre-snap without even caring what the defense was running. Lastly, look at the ints VY threw. No, just no.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess there is an argument for Texas since that USC team they beat was so highly regarded.

If I was a betting man I would probably take our 2008 team and that 2001 Miami team in any head to head matchup of those teams despite that QB not being that great on Miami.

I didn't realize how dominant that 2013 FSU team was when you get that Auburn game out of your memory. They also had the # 1 scoring defense that year and blew most teams out. I still don't think they would have had much of a chance against UF, Miami or Texas.

This guy at least considers us right there regardless of the loss. A lot of these lists will not have us top 5 simply due to having a loss that year.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This guy at least considers us right there regardless of the loss. A lot of these lists will not have us top 5 simply due to having a loss that year.

I get the 1 loss thing, but I wonder how much anyone considers strength of schedule? I don’t believe any other team comes close to UF’s SoS path to MNCs. #1 (96), #1 (06) and #15 (08) if memory serves correctly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The body of work for that 06 team was not nearly as impressive
Which I think can be misleading. It always boils down to how well you are playing in the big game. In our case, it was quite well on both sides of the ball.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Which I think can be misleading. It always boils down to how well you are playing in the big game. In our case, it was quite well on both sides of the ball.

But if you look at the whole season most would say the outlier was the championship game...that that game was misleading.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But if you look at the whole season most would say the outlier was the championship game...that that game was misleading.
You could say that but we really started to use Harvin effectively the second half the season. Defense and special teams were rock solid throughout. I think we got better and better and were more than any team, Ohio State or otherwise, could handle at the end.

Meyer was awfully good with extra time to plan.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No team made a better improvement from their last game to their bowl game than the 06 Gators did. Mullen devised a game plan that really took advantage of Leak's skill set. And the speed at DL was too much for the bucknuts.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Hard for me to believe they are going to leave out UNL 1995 or for that matter UF 1996. Heck those teams maybe should be ranked 1 and 2 respectively in any retrospective ranking during the playoff era.

I know I know some of you who can not think for yourselves and can only parrot what ESPN tells you to think want to will want to mock me and pretend there was something hugely different after 1997. You are of course wrong, but since ESPN told you to think that way you don't have the ability to think anything else. Just because a couple of lessor conferences joined in and they made a small change in the name does not mean it was something completely different.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
By the way, did anyone look at Texas' schedule in 05? They played 2 games. That schedule was easy. Other than OSU and USC, their toughest game was an 8-4 Oklahoma team who beat no one that year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even after Texas won, people were still second guessing if USC wasn't the better team.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hard for me to believe they are going to leave out UNL 1995 or for that matter UF 1996. Heck those teams maybe should be ranked 1 and 2 respectively in any retrospective ranking during the playoff era.

I know I know some of you who can not think for yourselves and can only parrot what ESPN tells you to think want to will want to mock me and pretend there was something hugely different after 1997. You are of course wrong, but since ESPN told you to think that way you don't have the ability to think anything else. Just because a couple of lessor conferences joined in and they made a small change in the name does not mean it was something completely different.

I know that reading is not a strength of yours. Particularly reading comprehension. But the title of the article in this thread is BCS era. Those games were not in the BCS era.

JC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.