Before We Select a Coach

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To run the athletic department, not the football team/organization
What does that mean? Where does the football team/org start and end in regards to the athletic department? How much strategy and decision making authority does the coach really have? Who controls the $$$?

The remaining organization is how big…in terms of $$$?

Has this battle been fought? I think it has and there was a centralization of power to group as in one UF. Football lost.

In other words, are we ge or Berkshire?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin’s corporate speak turns me off. I was looking for more of a plain spoken message to the effect of, “This is Florida. We expect a date in Atlanta every year, and I’m not talking about the Peach Bowl.”
peach bowl teams from the '90s, 3rd or 4th in the SEC, go to an ny6 bowl now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which is why we pay people $7,5M to run the football PROGRAM. NOLA is saying the AD should be the HC's GM. No.
the AD should be at least in the top half of a message board group's ability to understand when the football team is fuchsed up, instead of being a split second ahead of Dooley.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What does that mean? Where does the football team/org start and end in regards to the athletic department? How much strategy and decision making authority does the coach really have? Who controls the $$$?

The remaining organization is how big…in terms of $$$?

Has this battle been fought? I think it has and there was a centralization of power to group as in one UF. Football lost.

Oh but the student section (though mostly empty) has the highest SAT Scores of any non-Ivy League College in the Nation. And our Athletic Department operates consistently under budget.

BUT we have LACROSSE...No Really (The SEC does not have Lacrosse)

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
if 85% of your revenue comes from one brand, you'd be a damn fool to ignore it.

You would think our UF Apologist would get that. But I'm an AG major and like Louisiana so what do I know? UF is talking about REDUCING the number seats...Imagine that. While LSU has over 100K....BUT you have to make an effort to fill those seats.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You would think our UF Apologist would get that. But I'm an AG major and like Louisiana so what do I know? UF is talking about REDUCING the number seats...Imagine that. While LSU has over 100K....BUT you have to make an effort to fill those seats.
GA tech used to reduce their seating capacity during the turn if the century bucking the trend at the time.

Bobby Dodd Stadium - Wikipedia

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I agree that there is a huge disconnect. While it’s here we will not get a good coach.

SPOT ON...UGA has SAT Score right there with GT...BUT Football RULES. Ohio State grads are getting jobs...but they are up for NCs almost every year. TAMU is doing some awesome research...Practical and Applied Research.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
BUT we have LACROSSE...No Really (The SEC does not have Lacrosse)
Just for the gals. And I expect more SEC schools will add women's lacrosse in the not so distant future. The game is spreading quickly throughout the SE at the HS level. I do think it will be a long time before any SEC schools add a men's team, though it too is spreading rapidly at the HS level in the SE.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Just for the gals. And I expect more SEC schools will add women's lacrosse in the not so distant future. The game is spreading quickly throughout the SE at the HS level. I do think it will be a long time before any SEC schools add a men's team, though it too is spreading rapidly at the HS level in the SE.

My point...It's an East Coast IVY League sport...we were talking culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator