Bianchi suspends himself for picking UK to beat Gators

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One Gator fan even took a copy of my column, used it as toilet paper and then stuffed the poop-stained article in an envelope and mailed it to me. His message: "If I have to put up with your crap; you should have to put up with mine.

Other than this line, written by one of his readers, the whole article sucked.

I hate Bianchi.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If you understand his shtick, Bianchi isn't bad. I liked him when he was on the radio here in Jax. He was entertaining. I don't read him any more because that time is spent reading other columnists. I thought the article was funny. It is classic Bianchi.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I posted elsewhere (shoot me) about how much people (Gator fans) hate him and would quickly offer to throw him in the trunk of a car, drive it off a cliff into the ocean and keep anyone from hearing from him again. A week self-imposed suspension from picking games? How about a permanent stfu for this ass?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Living in Gainesville in the 90's, I remember Bianchi getting people riled up from time to time. Can anyone tell me who the writer was before him in Gainesville and why they left?

Bianchi is a rabble-rousing jerk, but at least he can actually write. Pat Dooley couldn't hold Bianchi's jock.
I actually enjoyed reading his articles during his days at the Florida Times Union although he ticked off the Gator fans more than the Nole fans.
Bianchi happens to be much more funnier than Pat Dooley.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
During my time in Gainesville, even with the internet, I never heard of Bianchi or Dooley. I couldn't afford a newspaper other than the Alligator. I'm curious, did you buy a Sun every week? How did you know of them?

Really? It's not like newspapers are/were expensive. 25 cents a day is/was cheap. Plus there is/was a thing called radio that he was on, a lot.

Last edited:

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Really? It's not like newspapers are/ere expensive. 25 cents a day is/was cheap. Plus there is/was a thing called radio that he was on, a lot.
Cheap, huh? I'll remember that the next time I'm living on $8/hour from Publix. But... good point on the radio.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Hell, I only made $4.75 an hour when I worked for Publix in Gainesville - 1994.
Yea... guess minimum wage went up a few dollars over the course of a decade. Along with gas tripling in cost overnight in 2003.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bianchi does exactly what he is paid to do... create conversation, he is no different then our own beloved admin.

many times he simply writes what it takes to engage people. if he is not engaging them positively, he will do it with negative banter. negative gets much more play than positive anyway.
it doesn't matter to the Sentinel what type of clicks they are, all that matters is that people are reading and responding.

why do y'all think ox keeps driving home page views, posts, drivel, etc... it's to keep the website looking good for the search engines to drive traffic to the site, which in turn creates ad revenue, subscriptions services, etc - basically for those of you who are not business minded (which appears to be most here) . . . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

get over yourselves thinking that he cares about your opinion.

:chomp:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sportswriters......................
Robbie on GatorSports guaranteed we would not cover vs KY. Guaranteed!
'I’m tempted to pick a historic UK win that will end the streak. But I’m going to go, just barely, with the Gators in this one. Florida will find a way to win the game, but there’s no way the Gators will cover the 16-point spread. That’s a guarantee.'
:bwahaha:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I only made $4.75 an hour when I worked for Publix in Gainesville - 1994.

... but you pilfered a lot of groceries .... no crab legs though.
The article was worthy enough.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If it's just a one game suspension, it ain't long enough.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Cheap, huh? I'll remember that the next time I'm living on $8/hour from Publix. But... good point on the radio.

Yes, cheap. .25. A quarter.
e294244ea4dec488a2764038fe101903.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are there any doubts that it wasn't alcoholica who sent him the poopoo'd news paper?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ox is the swinger :nutswinger: bianchi is the sack

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics