Bielema wants a Big 10 /Sec challenge

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have you ever seen Bielema? Do you think that fat ass would ever turn down a cupcake? Even for a second? I'm sure that he finds most anything delicious.
bretlook.0.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I should change the title of this thread to: Bielema wants a sandwich

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I would like to see it myself but can you imagine the *****ing and moaning from the ACC and Big 12 :wobble:

UGA-GT
USCe-CLEM
FLA-FSU
KY-LOU
ATM-Texa.....nevermind, they quit it.

ACC can't complain, we already have several of their teams in an annual conference-to-conference matchup. B12 has, at times, picked up games with LSU, TAM, ARK, and MIZZ and nobody is stopping them. To that point nobody is stopping the conferences from creating more Power5 matchups, this would just be a step beyond the existing 'in-sate rivalry' games at the end of the season, open to anyone. I'd love to see us swap out 3 cupcake OOC games for 2 cupcakes and a conference showdown, regardless of who you get paired with.

Conferences have shown it works in basketball. Before anyone says 'yeah, but those are seasons with a lot more games' we can all point to a cupcake or two on every power5 team's schedule that could be swapped out. Revenue wise, it would help separate the power5 from the rest. The smaller schools losing out on a payday is not our concern. Our (SEC) concern has always been all about the SEC. Same for the other power5 conferences. Something like this generates more revenue for the 'have' schools and moves us closer to independent operation out from under the obsolete NCAA.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Sounds more and more like the FCS schools are going to be eventually screwed out of existence. Don't know if I care. I know as season ticket holder I hated paying for those three crap games each year though they certainly work in our favor.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Not sure if FCS schools will be eliminated in the future. Right now everyone is complaining about them, but tell the media one sad story about a program relying on the money from UF or Bama to fund their program and they will be crying for us to play them. Greenberg started falling for the sad song this morning. No win situation.

As for playing the Big 10 I am all for it. Just want it to be evenly distributed or rotated properly if they signed up for multiple years. Wouldn't put it past us to get Michigan yearly while UGA somehow gets Purdue. If the ACC, Pac 12, and Big 12 want to cry then they can do it to. At the end of the day each school from the power 5 should have at least 1 game against another power 5 team out of conference, preferably with an in-state (looking at you Texas and your butthurtness over little brother getting out of your shadow and passing you by) or border state rival. If they don't have a rival they should create one like UCONN did with UCF where they just showed up with a trophy and said it was theirs. With that said not all of those rival games are created equal so a second game makes sense. If something like this happened it would push for everyone to have two.

Oh well. My wife kept interrupting me and threw off my thoughts so it may just sound like I'm rambling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.