Big traffic yesterday! Gator apathy is dying out

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've been saying for years that apathy in the Gator Nation had become a real problem. The group of fans is huge and circles the globe, but the product had gotten so bad millions of them stopped paying attention. That's definitely starting to turn around. Numbers for Sunday:

Unique visitors: 1,031
Sessions: 2,311
Avg Session Duration: 15:15
Avg Session Pageviews: 9.57
Pageviews: 22,126
Total Posts: 940

Thanks for all that you guys do to continue growing Gatorchatter. We're only scratching the surface of what we could be. Tell your friends!

Discuss.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This self-serving thread is not worthy of a sticky. What a view-hoar!!

:gator:

That said, my marketing-genes say now is the time for you to invest in getting this name out there. UF football is crazy-trending, so stop buying rims for the corvette and go turn this thing into an actual income stream. If it could ever happen, it would be now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n291886 said:
This self-serving thread is not worthy of a sticky. What a view-hoar!!

:gator:

That said, my marketing-genes say now is the time for you to invest in getting this name out there. UF football is crazy-trending, so stop buying rims for the corvette and go turn this thing into an actual income stream. If it could ever happen, it would be now.
And how do you suggest I do that? I've considered running a large banner ad at Gatorsports. :scratchchin:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
What about search engines? Anyone googling gator related anything and gatorchatter comes up..

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Banner plane. Celebrity endorsement. Nude video podcasts....hell I don't know! Use some of that social media stuff I keep hearing about! Get an interview with a Gator great or Coach Mac. Get #gatorchatter trending somehow. Hell, I bet MattM would do something lurid. Clicks is clicks!

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
If we were playing Miami this year I'd say get a banner so when people think Fire Al Golden is coming its actually Gator chatter :chomp:

But I got nothing :dunno:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think you could use your logo and "The Ultimate Destination for the Gator Nation" part somewhere so they'll search it and find it. Also, seeing how much a spot on 103.7 in G'ville during the broadcast of the game would be nice. Have a float in the homecoming parade. Every one of you/us that goes to a game should have a gaudy Gatorchatter.com sign. Think if it were shown on tv,....cool.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n291909 said:
I think you could use your logo and "The Ultimate Destination for the Gator Nation" part somewhere so they'll search it and find it. Also, seeing how much a spot on 103.7 in G'ville during the broadcast of the game would be nice. Have a float in the homecoming parade. Every one of you/us that goes to a game should have a gaudy Gatorchatter.com sign. Think if it were show on tv,....cool.

I'm in....May I have 10000 marbles please?

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
We need to get higher on google, when I search "Florida Gator forum" we are 8th on the list. IDK about everyone else but that's how I usually find other team forums. I do enjoy how the description under the link in google shows the percentage of posts I account for but it also says "This is just a reminder that I love each and every one of you. And Go Gators!" I'm not sure that's a good thing though, probably needs to be a kick a$$ description of the site and all of the awesomeness it provides.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's not winning it's how we're winning.
SEO and content are king in the interweb world.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
ItsDookie87;n291935 said:
We need to get higher on google, when I search "Florida Gator forum" we are 8th on the list. IDK about everyone else but that's how I usually find other team forums. I do enjoy how the description under the link in google shows the percentage of posts I account for but it also says "This is just a reminder that I love each and every one of you. And Go Gators!" I'm not sure that's a good thing though, probably needs to be a kick a$$ description of the site and all of the awesomeness it provides.

Just make sure you are searching from a device and sign in that you haven't already visited GC on cause Google moves it up in the order if you visited the site already.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Have signs in the crowd all morning when Game Day comes to Baton Rouge in a couple of weeks.

BTW, congrats! I hope it gives you some satisfaction that all your hard work is paying off.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n291947 said:
Have signs in the crowd all morning when Game Day comes to Baton Rouge in a couple of weeks.
This
If College Game Day does decide to go to Baton Rouge for our game then this is doable. Start a thread asking if anyone is going to the game and send them some signs. Tell them they can have a free shirt or two if they show up at the Game Day set and make it on TV.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It would cost some coin, but get the Gator Chatter logo made into Halloween masks (w/an elastic band) or waving signs that can be held up as masks. Give them away to all of the Gators at the game with a "wear these at such-and-so time" at the Cocktail party, which is, fortuitously, on Halloween this year. Pass them out in the parking lot. Find some babes and put them in orange & blue bikinis, drive them around the stadium parking lot in your Vette with loud Gator music blasting on the stereo, passing these things out to everyone flying the Gator flag.

There is NO WAY a half a stadium full of masked fans would escape the notice of either the TV producers, nor the fans at home watching the game. Remember how much attention Toofless fans got last year when they played us with their silly checkerboard?

I'm not a fan of Twitter, but if you could set the thing off on Twitter at "such-and-such" time, to go along with the announcers going "WFG, Over?" With a little bit of coordination ahead of time, you could get it to trend on Twitter.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Blonde Gator;n291999 said:
It would cost some coin, but get the Gator Chatter logo made into Halloween masks (w/an elastic band) or waving signs that can be held up as masks. Give them away to all of the Gators at the game with a "wear these at such-and-so time" at the Cocktail party, which is, fortuitously, on Halloween this year. Pass them out in the parking lot. Find some babes and put them in orange & blue bikinis, drive them around the stadium parking lot in your Vette with loud Gator music blasting on the stereo, passing these things out to everyone flying the Gator flag.

There is NO WAY a half a stadium full of masked fans would escape the notice of either the TV producers, nor the fans at home watching the game. Remember how much attention Toofless fans got last year when they played us with their silly checkerboard?

I'm not a fan of Twitter, but if you could set the thing off on Twitter at "such-and-such" time, to go along with the announcers going "WFG, Over?" With a little bit of coordination ahead of time, you could get it to trend on Twitter.

Honest question... Were you drunk when you wrote this?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blonde Gator;n291999 said:

Do you like being tied up?

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No, not yet.

I think it would be hilarious....why, did I screw up the Twitter part of my comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.