Biggest Douchebag Troll Recruits

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Browsing recruiting threads, Wilson in particular, got me to thinking about the thread title. I'm not talking about guys that flipped at the end because they were uncertain, but douchebags that led us to thinking they were UF bound only to spurn us. Yes, I think it's very fair to call these kids douchebags because they knew exactly what they were doing. So with no further ado...

1. Marcus Stroud - top of the list douchebag POS. I despise this guy. I live in Jacksonville and am a Jags fan and HATED that he was drafted here. I think his dwag teams only won one game against UF while he was there so suck on that, Stroud! Not that I needed another reason to hate Georgia but this was bush league BS.

2. Dalvin Cook - everyone remembers, I'm sure. With his history though, are we glad he didn't end up at UF? Would he have been different here, or is a thug gonna thug regardless of where he hangs his dreads? Would his obvious talent have led us to look past the indiscretions?

3. Mack Wilson

I can't think of any others off the top of my head, and I can't think of any UF recruits that would fit in this category for another school. Dante Fowler maybe? But I don't remember how that went down.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't think of any others that legitimately trolled UF on purpose. Might be a few, my memory ain't what it used to be. Happy Bday btw. Stop in the lounge and say hi in your Bday thread.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
we've received our fair share too, Dante Fowler comes to mind. Would you say he trolled fswho before he "flipped" to the good guys?

They're kids, when has a kid ever made all the right decisions?

MADGator

Jan 28, 2015
we've received our fair share too, Dante Fowler comes to mind. Would you say he trolled fswho before he "flipped" to the good guys?

They're kids, when has a kid ever made all the right decisions?

Fowler was the only one I could recall because I remember he flipped but I didn't follow recruiting then as much as I do now so I don't know the situation.

As for being kids, you're absolutely correct. I would give them a pass for one, but repeatedly? Sorry, no can do.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
eubanks with his "i was sick" hijinks, and then bailing on his rescheduled visit really sticks in my craw. don't know if he qualifies for your list but that sh*t was lame.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Marcus Stroud for sure.....

Didn't Willie Williams do that crap too?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Reggie McGrew was one of these. Flipped to us on signing day as I recall it after being committed to F$U for a long time. He ended up being kind of a d!ck.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fowler was the only one I could recall because I remember he flipped but I didn't follow recruiting then as much as I do now so I don't know the situation.

As for being kids, you're absolutely correct. I would give them a pass for one, but repeatedly? Sorry, no can do.
Fowler definitely fits in that category but it was actually because of lies the fsu coaching staff told him. Over the last few months of the recruiting year while he remained committed to fsu he made something like 6-7 visits to UF and i think maybe 1 to fsu. There were a couple UF insiders that called him to UF long before and said he wouldn't make anything public till nsd so that he would be left alone...nobody believed them including fsu.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Tabor flipped to us after verbally committing to Arizona or Arizona ST. on national TV at the Under Armor Game.
Mike Davis flipped us off after Muschamp visited Marshall few years back. Gerald Willis committed to us(and since transferred to UM) after being a heavy LSU lean.
We got Demarcus Robinson after he committed to Clemson and lost Demarcus Walker despite him supposedly being on campus to fill out early enrollment paperwork....
That's just a few I can think of off the top of my head in the last 2 or 3 years so yeah, it happens all the time.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Nukeese? I don't recall if he trolled or was just an ass.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mack Wilson was the worst troll ever.... nobody really thought he was coming to Florida.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like Antonio Cromartie and someone else were actually committed to us but were secret Nulls all along. Boobie played that game alot.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he trolled us, but we were leaders for a 5 star stud safety that would of been part of great 1992 class, that we eventually lost to FSU. Although he was only 190 lbs, he turned out to be a hell of a linebacker. His name was Derrick Brooks.

Can you imagine if he was with UF during the SOS run?.......and even better not with the :nole:

MADGator

Jan 28, 2015
Mack Wilson was the worst troll ever.... nobody really thought he was coming to Florida.

Wow. That's a great perspective. Those other guys we actually thought were coming to UF, but you're right, Wilson on the other hand I don't think anyone believed it. I hoped it. I wanted it. But I was never sold on it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Just too easy. Has to be Muschamp. He pretended to be a Gator for 4 years, these other guys could only pull it off for a few months.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you kidding? Of course every pumper thought we were getting Wilson.

And Ben Davis

And Raekwan Davis

And Rashaun Smith

and Eason

and Nauta

and Eubanks

and Busse

and Stove

and Burns

and Craig Meyers

and Shavar Manuel

and Trevon Diggs

and Tre Nixon

and Victor

and every other Top 100.

Hell some were begging to bet that we had the top class.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I heard rumors that Manuel might be wavering... Anything official or are we still waiting to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADGator

Jan 28, 2015
I heard rumors that Manuel might be wavering... Anything official or are we still waiting to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he heard from Law that none of those other guys are coming so now he's getting cold feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.