Biggest reason I think Napier succeeds

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
the only reason why Mullen changed his offense was because he was forced to, and those changes really didn't happen until 2020. In 2019, it was the same offensive scheme. He just called more passing plays. 2020 is when schematically the offense was a little different thanks to Brian Johnson's help.

Agree completely on Napier. I love everything he's doing so far, and I feel good about the future of this program for the first time in 9 years.

THIS...Especially feeling optimistic about Napier...Yes, OX I can be optimistic...Please make a note of it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
that was Mac. Not Mullen. But I get it. Trask had almost no experience. Franks was no slouch. He threw for a ton of yards even when he left to Arkansas.

Nobody gets the AR over Emory thing. That was just his ego.

I may not go quite as far as you on Franks, but your point is correct. Franks fit the QB mold better than Trask dead in Mullen’s offense. We can debate whether or not we should’ve run that offense, but that is separate. It’s also worth noting that Trask was given the nod over the final three games of 2018, before getting hurt. Once Franks helped lead us back against Usce and played fairly well in the next 3, he was going to be the starter to begin 2019. And the little I saw of Trask in the second game of ‘19 looked shaky at best. Almost threw a pick 6 in garbage time against a nobody. There are some players like DW that are just gamers. I believe KT was that.

The AR/Jones situation was two pronged. Mullen values seniority to a fault so EJ was always going to get the reigns. But as mentioned. The bigger issue was the postgame interview(s) where he was asked about the QB situation. Once he was questioned, he was never giving in. Nothing more than arrogance.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Mullen was the ex girlfriend that you dumped for all the right reasons and were happy to have moved on from. But the fallback temptation, in times of desperation, makes at least some sense in the moment. There aren’t any secrets or unknowns and you try to focus on the good times you remember. Even then, you’re aware that it won’t be great and likely won’t end well. The coke problem is still there. Her Korean mother is still just the absolute worst person on earth to hear speaking. You even know the car she’s driving you back to the parking garage in is probably delinquent as of the upcoming Wednesday and you’ll be stroking a check to avoid repossession. But things didn’t go as well as you’d hoped that night and based on recent events you probably need to lay low with Cheetah and Rachel’s. So you start to rationalize that maybe kimchi and dried squid have become better over the last few years and begin to convince yourself that things will somehow fall together this time. That’s Dan Mullen at UF.
I never ceased to be amazed at just how much of your personal life you'll share with us. Truth be told, I don't know if I would have shared this chapter of my life, but maybe its cathartic for you.
:dunno:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He didnt really change his offense, he had Trask, Toney and Pitts. He still played option read with Trask having to read the DE decision to respect him as a runner. He just called more pass plays, because...Trask, Toney and Pitts. Its my opinion that muLLLLLLLen gets far too much credit for that 2020 offense while most credit should be given to the skill players. Those 3 were good inspite of muLLLLLLLen. When he thought he needed to run it, he'd yank Trask and trot EJ out there.

Im pumping with Napier though. I think we caught a glimpse of what the recruiting is going to be like by landing Kamari, Etienne, Sherman and McClellan. Im most happy about the attention being made to the OL and I think we will see the fruits of that this season. Once the season starts we are going to know a lot more about what kinda coach we have.

And lets not forget we have something to be excited for on the defensive side of the ball. I really like where PToney has come from and the type of defenses he has put on the field. You guys might not, but at least it is not Grantham.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I never ceased to be amazed at just how much of your personal life you'll share with us. Truth be told, I don't know if I would have shared this chapter of my life, but maybe its cathartic for you.
:dunno:

Technically I never said that was me. I like to infuse hypotheticals with already experienced realities to paint a particular picture. Ftr, I’ve never done the backslide to an ex. I just imagine that’s what it would be like. The Korean mother part, yeah, that’s accurate. It’s little wonder why Kim Jong wants a nuke so badly.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Technically I never said that was me. I like to infuse hypotheticals with already experienced realities to paint a particular picture. Ftr, I’ve never done the backslide to an ex. I just imagine that’s what it would be like. The Korean mother part, yeah, that’s accurate. It’s little wonder why Kim Jong wants a nuke so badly.
There was waaaaaaayyyyy too much realism in that tale for at least some part of it to not be true.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
You really think that Trask did the same things while throwing for a gazillion yards in a 10 game regular season? I'm not sure what to think here. OK I'm done defending the guy. As a head coach he sucked and drained the program in his time. I don't know if Chip Kelly would have been worse, but Kelly is likely an even worse recruiter.
It won't take you long Bob to determine the handful of contraries and just ignore the whining. That's seems to be our ignore default.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
He still gets sensitive when we talk about muLLLLLLLen. And he is still blocking that sidewalk.
Sensitive nope but sick of the continued whining about the past and predicting the same result about the present and future makes me question if some people here are Gators or Dawg ****t infiltrators. Tell us again how you hated the Mullen, McElwein, Muschamp, Meyer, Zook hires as though we haven't heard it regularly for as long as this board has been in existence.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sensitive nope but sick of the continued whining about the past and predicting the same result about the present and future makes me question if some people here are Gators or Dawg ****t infiltrators. Tell us again how you hated the Mullen, McElwein, Muschamp, Meyer, Zook hires as though we haven't heard it regularly for as long as this board has been in existence.

We just need Bob’s predictions to be accurate and see a winning trajectory. Then all the bad will slowly drift away. I’m sure Alabama fans don’t get into the Shula days, or talk about Mike Price and his strip club shenanigans(honestly those types of stories have no place in a forum like this anyway). The Tide fans have their winning coach. I’m hopeful that we do as well and everything about the current culture improves.

Or, of course, he turns out be wrong. And the pummeling he’ll receive from starting this thread will be visible from space.

One of the two for sure.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

sucker...you ain't ignoring anyone

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Agree completely on Napier. I love everything he's doing so far, and I feel good about the future of this program for the first time in 9 years.

The year we finally got rid of Muschamp.

Oh happy days!

Nothing but blue skies!

dL5qLAlhMn3va.gif

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:backout:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

:trux:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.