Billy’s Buyout

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Take all the money we've thrown away on buyouts the past decade and we'd be better off offering one year contracts for Saban money till we strike gold. Win an SEC championship and you get 2 years to win another one. Do that and you get four to win the next one. High risk, high EARNED reward for the coach, money spent on guys to coach us, not someone else.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My AD sales pitch to the next prospective coach:

I'm offering 1 million per win, period, You can be the highest paid coach in cfb in your very first year, or very average. All based on what YOU can put on the field. The guy I'm looking for is confident enough to bet on himself no matter the odds. So... just how confident are you?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

I'm offering 1 million per win, period, You can be the highest paid coach in cfb in your very first year, or very average. All based on what YOU can put on the field. The guy I'm looking for is confident enough to bet on himself no matter the odds. So... just how confident are you?

Does winning at life count?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

You know what's funny. I was talking about coaches buyouts to one of my customers today and came to this conclusion. What incentive does a coach have to win? Billy Napier gets 15 million on the spot when he gets fired then another 16 million in installments. Now on the other side of that, he only gets 500k extra for winning the SEC? I mean, you tell me, what would you do? It just pays more to suck ass. We've got some real dumbasses in charge of hiring coaches.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
there is a fundamental flaw in our offensive philosophy
You could have stopped right there....
Animated GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This is what frustrates most of us watching Billy's offense. Blame our players all you want, but I would be willing to bet any amount of money that the fat turd from UT (Heupel) could take our current roster on offense a
In a nutshell this is what will get him canned sooner or later...our talent on offense is certainly better than average even with the lagging oline....3TD's in 10 quarters is abysmal especially when you consider 4 of those quarters were against Charlotte....unacceptable in this era of modern CFB.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In a nutshell this is what will get him canned sooner or later...our talent on offense is certainly better than average even with the lagging oline....3TD's in 10 quarters is abysmal especially when you consider 4 of those quarters were against Charlotte....unacceptable in this era of modern CFB.
Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Here's the thing.....we're not top 10-15 talent. We are talented enough to score more than 3 TD's in ANY 10 quarters of play regardless of the competition. I know were a little weak and inexperienced up front but that doesn't stop 50-60 other teams with equal or less talent from being a lot more creative/successful than Coach Karl and his 1950's Army style offense .
Defensively I expect to have some headscratching games this season as guys learn their roles....UGA/LSU/ FSU will light our secondary up like a Christmas tree, make no mistake about it. But the front of the defense WILL get better.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I see people say we have too high of expectations and tharber even said we expect to go undefeated every season…..bro we’re down so bad we’d take an 8-4 Zook-like season if we were showing progress :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I see people say we have too high of expectations and tharber even said we expect to go undefeated every season…..bro we’re down so bad we’d take an 8-4 Zook-like season if we were showing progress :lol:
We all said that 8 wins while not great shows some progress as long as we are competitive and not embarrassing ourselves along the way. I see no path to 8 wins and there's been a lot of embarrassing playing and coaching so far.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
BN is in zero danger of being fired this year or next.

You fair weather fans are just making things worse for the kids-players that read this.

I unserstanfd that you have no lives outside of your bedroom in your moms house palying PS4 but please stop, those of us who are adults don't need to see this contant beratement of BN.

Say I if you've ever played football in your life: I
Say I if you played high school football: I
Say I if you ever played D1 football: I
Say I if you ever had the privilideg of palying for UF: I

Mic drop

We should settle this like men.

c0051537-2f36-4cfb-9659-1fbd9e18a467_text.gif

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I just don’t understand why we are the only team in the country that can never have immediate impacts from incoming Freshmen and our coaches need years before we see decent results for their implemented system.
This is one of life's great mysteries. We see everywhere else its possible but in Gainesville, its an automatic 10 year rebuild around 6th year redshirt seniors.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You guys need to lighten up. We just need more time to recruit 5 linemen with the capability of blocking 9 guys.

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
LOL....my identity is safe. Good guess but wrong.

A few points. No one and I mean no one thought our O line would perform well this year.
Mertz is not our problem, its our receivers and they show some improvement each game.
Read and understand what the others teams are doing to stop us and this might make sense. You can't just go out there and throw the ball around any longer.

Kentucky ran a base 3-3-5 scheme with cover 3 which dared us to throw the ball. The problem is our receivers could not outrun their secondary. Thats why you saw us running so many sweeps and end o rounds. The 3-3-5 defense is weak on the edge but can sit back and watch a play develop and then crush it.

Vandy runs a 4-2-5 defense. This is a typical high school defense and will leave the middle and down field open. That will open up our play book Saturday and as Mertz gets some long passes, that in turn will open up our run game. We will be running power, counter and pistol. They will sell out for the run allowing the receivers to get open. Watch it.

Charlie fatman Weis' comments about being statistically better in every game was based on his thoughts that his offensive scheme was better than any defense. The problem was, he didn't have the athletes to run his schemes.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
LOL....my identity is safe. Good guess but wrong.

A few points. No one and I mean no one thought our O line would perform well this year.
Mertz is not our problem, its our receivers and they show some improvement each game.
Read and understand what the others teams are doing to stop us and this might make sense. You can't just go out there and throw the ball around any longer.

Kentucky ran a base 3-3-5 scheme with cover 3 which dared us to throw the ball. The problem is our receivers could not outrun their secondary. Thats why you saw us running so many sweeps and end o rounds. The 3-3-5 defense is weak on the edge but can sit back and watch a play develop and then crush it.

Vandy runs a 4-2-5 defense. This is a typical high school defense and will leave the middle and down field open. That will open up our play book Saturday and as Mertz gets some long passes, that in turn will open up our run game. We will be running power, counter and pistol. They will sell out for the run allowing the receivers to get open. Watch it.

Charlie fatman Weis' comments about being statistically better in every game was based on his thoughts that his offensive scheme was better than any defense. The problem was, he didn't have the athletes to run his schemes.
You can keep repeating that BS but it's still false, and most on this board remember all the chatter about the Oline expected to be a strength. Hell, Shane Matthews was even talking about it.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You can keep repeating that BS but it's still false, and most on this board remember all the chatter about the Oline expected to be a strength. Hell, Shane Matthews was even talking about it.

Dig it up so we can end this charade lol

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dig it up so we can end this charade lol

I thought the OL would be fine. Seemed deeper, and possibly even more talented than last year as a whole. But that being incorrect doesn’t entirely resolve the matter. You’re going to have years when you don’t have a great OL, or have one and suffer injuries that derail it. Your entire offense can’t go completely down the toilet as a result as you insist on running the same plays into 8-10 man boxes over and over. You have to be able to adjust.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shane reiterated it on today’s podcast. The receivers are talented and fast. The passing concepts suck. He hasn’t had four wideouts outs over the last two years. He said he wants somebody in a press conference to ask why they don’t have 4 wideout concepts.

He said if they threw the ball down the field, it would open up the running game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator