Billy’s Buyout

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Well, I don't know about you guys, but when things go off the rails, the last person I think should be held accountable is the guy getting paid $7 million a year to oversee it. I will never understand why lunatic fans hold the head coach accountable for the train wreck of a program. Don't they know he's trying his best? In the end isn't that all that matters? And besides, you guys expect results from a guy getting only $7 million a year? Crazy.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
From one ‘83 to another… :swampqueen:

I don’t know who that Mike guy is but I sure don’t like him. What a blowhard.
I agree but its interesting to see what others are saying about the state of the program from outside. Seems they have about as high opinion of it as I do.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The sad reality is that the moment 2024's full schedule was released back in June, Napier was on the proverbial hot seat. Coming off a mediocre 2022 season with an expected nightmare 2024 schedule on the horizon, it was imperative that Napier show some improvement this year if he had any hopes of coaching in 2025, assuming the buyout wasn't still too high to save him for one more year. Unfortunately, outside of one great first half against Rotten Crotch, the results have not been good so far.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I don't know about you guys, but when things go off the rails, the last person I think should be held accountable is the guy getting paid $7 million a year to oversee it. I will never understand why lunatic fans hold the head coach accountable for the train wreck of a program. Don't they know he's trying his best? In the end isn't that all that matters? And besides, you guys expect results from a guy getting only $7 million a year? Crazy.

And besides, we never played major college football so we don’t really know what we are talking about anyway.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shane reiterated it on today’s podcast. The receivers are talented and fast. The passing concepts suck. He hasn’t had four wideouts outs over the last two years. He said he wants somebody in a press conference to ask why they don’t have 4 wideout concepts.

He said if they threw the ball down the field, it would open up the running game.
What fun would that be? Especially when we can just run all of our guys in 4 yard hitch routes and get smashed from behind as soon as the ball his their fingertips . Or my personal favorite a flare to the back in the boundary with no blockers . We gotta make ETN make two guys miss to get no gain .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No question about it . Not only is he trying his best but he’s been polite . I even heard he said no ma’am once. One thing is for sure about Billy he’s laser focused and mental mistakes especially on the football field are not going to happen . No way Jose

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You can keep repeating that BS but it's still false, and most on this board remember all the chatter about the Oline expected to be a strength. Hell, Shane Matthews was even talking about it.
I think each of you are talking about your particular circles, groups of friends/influence.

I don't think the lisping barber is saying no one HERE was praising the Gators O-line. I think he's specifically saying no one in the media or his circles were saying it.

And you're talking about THIS circle. Of which many were saying both sides. Almost equally, IMO.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think each of you are talking about your particular circles, groups of friends/influence.

I don't think the lisping barber is saying no one HERE was praising the Gators O-line. I think he's specifically saying no one in the media or his circles were saying it.

And you're talking about THIS circle. Of which many were saying both sides. Almost equally, IMO.
I've already stated Napier indicated the oline would be a strength and Shane Matthews said they looked good. He's literally saying no one, as in not a single person anywhere, made those claims. Patently false, both internal to this board and external to public individuals.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I've been listening to some SEC podcasts and the general consensus seems to be if he loses Vandy, he's fired. Maybe not after the game but after the brutal losses that are coming afterwards, it will be the point where it was the only outcome possible. I guess we'll see. Sort of runs counter to that tired argument so often employed that UF fans are all unrealistic lunatics when you hear outsiders look at things and basically say "yeah that guy sucks"

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've been listening to some SEC podcasts and the general consensus seems to be if he loses Vandy, he's fired. Maybe not after the game but after the brutal losses that are coming afterwards, it will be the point where it was the only outcome possible. I guess we'll see. Sort of runs counter to that tired argument so often employed that UF fans are all unrealistic lunatics when you hear outsiders look at things and basically say "yeah that guy sucks"
If we lose to vandy, we lose every single game the rest of the year. So yeah, he should be fired and anyone that feels otherwise is a complete :tard:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I've already stated Napier indicated the oline would be a strength and Shane Matthews said they looked good. He's literally saying no one, as in not a single person anywhere, made those claims. Patently false, both internal to this board and external to public individuals.
And I agree with you. Am just trying to figure out the disparity.

I do know one thing though, I shouldn't thpeak for other people.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
In a nutshell this is what will get him canned sooner or later...our talent on offense is certainly better than average even with the lagging oline....3TD's in 10 quarters is abysmal especially when you consider 4 of those quarters were against Charlotte....unacceptable in this era of modern CFB.
Kentucky performance proves that the Charlotte game was not an uninspired fluke. We actually suck that bad. Just turible.

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think it would be fair to fire a guy at Florida if he loses back-to-back seasons to Vandy and Kentucky. And continues to lose versus Noles, Dwags, and Corn Dogs. With the offense he runs, why keep him? It's like Mullen with his indifference to recruiting or defense. He's not going to get it done. Fatal flaw identified. Get the hook, whose next?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would be fair to fire a guy at Florida if he loses back-to-back seasons to Vandy and Kentucky. And continues to lose versus Noles, Dwags, and Corn Dogs. With the offense he runs, why keep him? It's like Mullen with his indifference to recruiting or defense. He's not going to get it done. Fatal flaw identified. Get the hook, whose next?
If we lose to vandy, he's gone this year. Can't imagine someone wanting to go through next years murderers row of a schedule with what's going on now

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If we lose to vandy, he's gone this year. Can't imagine someone wanting to go through next years murderers row of a schedule with what's going on now
I think we'll keep him for at least two more years. He'll have another couple of great games like Tenerc. He's not done with the re-org and restocking. If he adds a Brady at OC and names himself Special Teams coach, he'll have a chance to right the ship. If he loses this Saturday to Vandy and goes on to lose out, I'd like to see him get sh!t-canned. We got to draw a line somewhere.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I agree but its interesting to see what others are saying about the state of the program from outside. Seems they have about as high opinion of it as I do.
I posted before the KY game that we would see if the “fixable” things were in fact fixed. Or at least progressing. Nope. Not at all.

When asked about the road pattern going back to last year, Billy insisted on talking only about 2023. But the pattern persists after the transfers, coaching changes etc. We’ll see in the 2 Columbias if urgency develops. They ought to play like their hair is on fire, not like they’ve shown up for a joint practice.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
It has always irked teh **** out of me when a coach says something is "correctable" or "we have to get that fixed". Wrong answer you stupid cocksucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A coach making 7 million a year should have ALREADY KNOWN THE **** WAS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!! Game day is too late to realize something needs to get fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am almost to the point I hope he either wins out or loses out. Death by a thousand cuts, which is what this offense is, only gives a glimmer of hope. I plan on being at USCe next weekend but a lot of that depends on the Vandy game this week.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It has always irked teh **** out of me when a coach says something is "correctable" or "we have to get that fixed". Wrong answer you stupid cocksucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A coach making 7 million a year should have ALREADY KNOWN THE **** WAS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!! Game day is too late to realize something needs to get fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am almost to the point I hope he either wins out or loses out. Death by a thousand cuts, which is what this offense is, only gives a glimmer of hope. I plan on being at USCe next weekend but a lot of that depends on the Vandy game this week.
One man… in the right place… at the right time… that man, is YOU!
boom GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator