Billy’s Buyout

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Barber and Mills were integral to Spurrier's passing attack his first year. Those were trying years under the weight of NCAA scrutiny that measured even the slightest hiccup. Those players knew adversity.
Kirk Kirkpatrick was da man.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

A weee bit defensive

I noticed he stopped saying "Yes - No" during the majority of this presser. He did revert back toward the end though. But overall - his process is working.

Speaking of ... going back to Spurriers first couple of years here at UF.

He made it a point, at every Monday presser, to bring up new positive records that were set. It was obvious (at least to me) that he was constantly gaging where the team was based on, not just w-l, but also on comparative stats to other UF teams.

BN would do well to start focusing on quantifiable, on-field, accomplishments and not just W-L and not just "better character/player experience" (which he's doing a great job). Fans want to see or at least, be able to justify "its getting better". BN and his cast of thousands need to do a better job at that.

Give us something... even if it's a lie!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don't care if theres buzz in highschool locker rooms or if the "culture" is nice. I care that we don't embarrass ourselves on Saturdays. He's batting a fat O-fer in that area. Either strap up and win or GTFO.
It's how we're losing that bothers me. We're not even competitive in our last three loses. Games were basically over by Half time.

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
Here's a little secret, SOS's system had never been seen before, not in the SEC. No one knew how to defend it and no other coach liked to rub the opposing teams nose in the **** as much as SOS did. SOS's system did not transate into the pro's and didn't do well at USC for the first years either. I think he went 7-5 year one and 8-5 year two.

BN will get it right. I would not be a fan if I thought he was going to try and make the SEC come to him and play like whatever league he came from.

If we add a creative OC and an on field ST coach, we might very well be undefeated. He's smart, he see's it. UM was his own ST coach, BN doesn't have than drive in him yet but it will develop.

We are loaded next year and giving some of the current young studs valuable playing time. BN will right the ship by years end but to do so is going to require a player or two to step up and want it. You can not coach desire. Mertz I think has a whole lot more in him than is given credit. Our OL sukks, we knew that coming into the season but we have flashed some great perforamnces so far. Look at how dominating our D will benext year or by the end of this year even. Bright lites, huge crowds on the national stage is a hard thing to get comfortable with.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Here's a little secret, SOS's system had never been seen before, not in the SEC. No one knew how to defend it and no other coach liked to rub the opposing teams nose in the **** as much as SOS did. SOS's system did not transate into the pro's and didn't do well at USC for the first years either. I think he went 7-5 year one and 8-5 year two.

BN will get it right. I would not be a fan if I thought he was going to try and make the SEC come to him and play like whatever league he came from.

If we add a creative OC and an on field ST coach, we might very well be undefeated. He's smart, he see's it. UM was his own ST coach, BN doesn't have than drive in him yet but it will develop.

We are loaded next year and giving some of the current young studs valuable playing time. BN will right the ship by years end but to do so is going to require a player or two to step up and want it. You can not coach desire. Mertz I think has a whole lot more in him than is given credit. Our OL sukks, we knew that coming into the season but we have flashed some great perforamnces so far. Look at how dominating our D will benext year or by the end of this year even. Bright lites, huge crowds on the national stage is a hard thing to get comfortable with.
I admire your optimism. Hope I can get there one day.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We are loaded next year and giving some of the current young studs valuable playing time. BN will right the ship by years end...
Are you predicting a victory over the Noles? Because I could really use a victory against the Noles right about now. We need some excellent victory to hang our hats on until the young players mature into SEC ballers.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

Also, for credibility purposes.... how did you feel about Dan Mullen? Especially toward the end?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

No, the opposite was stated by all including tater. The line was supposed to be better than last year and shepherding a strong run attack. Those of us that called out that total BS before the season started were ridiculed for being bad fans as usual. We were right, as usual.

As for the rest, you want us to accept that even tho we are losing in horribly embarrassing and inept fashion that he gets all of it and it's all gonna be great in the end? Give me an example where that's been the case. I'll hang up and wait.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
monkey sniff GIF
I'm pretty sure that video of @Zambo was shot during the 2nd quarter of last Saturday's game...even a Monkey like him knew Karl would end up being a disaster...

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021

I appreciate your input, but why must Billy shyt the bed for 2 years before adding the OC and ST Coach? That's just retarded.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
BN is in zero danger of being fired this year or next.

You fair weather fans are just making things worse for the kids-players that read this.

I unserstanfd that you have no lives outside of your bedroom in your moms house palying PS4 but please stop, those of us who are adults don't need to see this contant beratement of BN.

Say I if you've ever played football in your life: I
Say I if you played high school football: I
Say I if you ever played D1 football: I
Say I if you ever had the privilideg of palying for UF: I

Mic drop
Good lord, at least I'm either drunk or blatantly trolling when I make a post this dumb....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I don’t think there’s anyone here that doesn’t hope he ultimately gets it figured and is a long term solution. It’s been mentioned, but you can even see it in how the owner of the board has gone all in on him. We all want to believe.

And yeah I definitely agree with the first part regarding Spurrier and have touched on that. I loved watching WRs zipping past 230lb DBs who could only watch the inevitable. It was a league prepared for a completely different type of assault, and it showed. You could argue no one had any answer for Tebow with Harvin in the backfield either. That too was never completely replicated. Timing is huge no question and I honestly don’t think we’ll ever see those days again. But it doesn’t mean we can’t be more creams innovative than we’ve shown. That’s what we need.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Im 65 so I dont and have never played PS4 or whatever that crap is. We have hired several failures over the last 12 years or so and most of us are sick to death with it. I dont expect Billy to be fired this year but I will expect it next year if there is no real change in our performance. Keep losing to Ky and it wont be long. Who gives a flying fvk if I ever played football or not. Anyone can see when we dont have the right person in charge. I would LOVE for Billy to stick my opinion where the sun dont shine but you can get out of here with your crap not about holding Billy accountable. He has not earned that right.
Great post but there is no need to lie about your age....everyone already knows you're 95, not 65 Dan...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Running into an 8 and 9 man box snap after snap while getting 1 or 2 pre-snap penalties so we get into 3rd and California, then throwing a sideways pass in the flat while whiffing on blocking assignments absolutely screams tater gets it and just needs more time.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Running into an 8 and 9 man box snap after snap while getting 1 or 2 pre-snap penalties so we get into 3rd and California, then throwing a sideways pass in the flat while whiffing on blocking assignments absolutely screams tater gets it and just needs more time.
I just love the element of surprise when we try to run on 4th and 7....and the defense still puts 8-9 in the box....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator