Billy Donovan agrees to multi-year deal with Thunder

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck to you, Billy. I'm happy to say I got to attend your 500th win last season.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if he's taking Grant and Pelphrey with him.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Free Gator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If someone said, Hey we will give you a coach but he will only stay 19 years but you get 4 final fours, a few SEC champions and two national titles, I would take it. So thank and good luck. I swear the only thing that would piss me off is if he fails and in two years decides to return to college and takes a job in the SEC East (Ky) when Callipari leaves.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
When I entered grad school at UF in 2003 I was a WI native coming south. I wasn't a huge sports fan, but always loved college ball. I was excited at the notion of going to bball games. I went to the first several games and loved it. Then Maryland came to town and the environment was electric. I was hooked and this is the moment I became a Gator. Billy D is responsible for my love of all things Gators. I told Billy D this story at a student meet and great and I saw in his eyes how much he loved hearing that story. Best wishes to him. I have nothing but love and respect for him. OKC got a good one.

Anyone else feel like crying? Don't think I've felt like this in a long time.

Attachments

• conv_3125.jpg
    conv_3125.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 28

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Read somewheres that Grant is leaving with him. Can anyone confirm?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Free Gator;n217115 said:
If someone said, Hey we will give you a coach but he will only stay 19 years but you get 4 final fours, a few SEC champions and two national titles, I would take it. So thank and good luck. I swear the only thing that would piss me off is if he fails and in two years decides to return to college and takes a job in the SEC East (Ky) when Callipari leaves.

Hopefully he never ends up at KY.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Thanks Coach Billy for showing us Gators that there is more than one sport to get excited about at UF. You will be hard to replace for many reasons, but as a class act, you will be impossible to replace. Thanks for the memories and best wishes for a successful run in OKC.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All class all the time, gonna be tough seeing that first game with someone else on the sideline next year. Thanks for the memories, Billy!

:chomp:

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n217125]Something else to make you cry.

devoe_don.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Don DeVoe - no, we're not going back to mediocrity. Of course, he was before JF took over, Hopefully, Jeremy will get a good one.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Without a doubt, he's the greatest Gator coach in ANY sport. Two NCs, four Final Fours, multiple SEC titles. And, if I'm not mistaken, he's lasted longer than any coach in hoops OR football. We all will sorely miss him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.