Billy Donovan's contract extended

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt they fire the guy at OKC but if they do there is a good chance Donovan goes.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n209907 said:
I doubt they fire the guy at OKC but if they do there is a good chance Donovan goes.

No chance. Westbrook and Durant will be FA soon and will most likely be heading out of Oklahoma. BD knows this and would stay away from that team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n209904 said:
Stone is a 6'7" shooting forward who can also handle the ball. He was apparently playing guard just 2 years ago before he started growing tall.
According to his HS coach, Allen (6'3") is a complete guard who can shoot, drive, rebound and pass. His senior year stats were quite impressive and he led his HS team to 3 straight state championships and was Arkansas' Mr. Basketball last year. I expect him to step right in and contribute plenty his freshman year.
The big question is, who is leaving to make room for the new signees: C. Walker, Carter, D. Walker? Is B. Francis getting his grades in order? I hope so as I really liked that kid coming out of HS (6'5" shooting guard). Will be interesting to see who is going. I'm hoping it's Carter as he is always hurt and we can replace his scoring with Francis and Allen - I believe it would be the least impact to the team.
From everything I've seen from stone in his highlight tapes ,his size and build. He looks like a true small forward. He looks like he'll be a scorer down the road. I expect Allen to contribute early myself so I agree there.

As far as who's leaving, I'd have to say I hope it's Devon walker for his sake. I know Carter has had injury issues but he started to come on at the end of last year and hes one of the few proven scorers we have left. Devon walker hit a few 3s here and there but never with any consistency. Hes really not much of a threat out there and doesn't give you much else offensively. On defense he was good at the front of the press or top of the zone at times but he's not a lock down defender. With Robinson and stone at the 3 and Francis allen and carter at the2, I just don't think walker would get much pt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.