Billy Donovan's contract extended

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I want to know why not of our local reporters or other gator sites don't have any info on this situation? Eric bucher has a video on bleacher report saying Billy is letting nba executives know he's available. It sounds far fetched to me.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy+and+Eddie+Munster.jpg

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n207801 said:
I want to know why not of our local reporters or other gator sites don't have any info on this situation? Eric bucher has a video on bleacher report saying Billy is letting nba executives know he's available. It sounds far fetched to me.

what do you want from pat doley? damn it man!!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Keith stone and kevaughn Allen sign their letters of intent to play for us today. We're officially over signed. Good problem to have. Both are ballers

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Why doesnt the Gville sports people report that info? They don't care.I can't see Billy D telling NBA executives that, but he did bring in Grant to take over! And I'm happy both those guys signed. Billy must know someone else is gone. Did the local media report that info? Probably not.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n209631 said:
Why doesnt the Gville sports people report that info? They don't care.I can't see Billy D telling NBA executives that, but he did bring in Grant to take over! And I'm happy both those guys signed. Billy must know someone else is gone. Did the local media report that info? Probably not.
Surprisingly brockaway reported the signings.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n209580 said:
Keith stone and kevaughn Allen sign their letters of intent to play for us today. We're officially over signed. Good problem to have. Both are ballers

We are becoming the bama of basketball.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
WobbleGator;n209695 said:
We are becoming the bama of basketball.

Um, No we're not. Depending on the recruiting site, we're ranked anywhere from 11 to 15 and all 4 guys are 4 stars. Hardly a poor recruiting class.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n209739 said:
Um, No we're not. Depending on the recruiting site, we're ranked anywhere from 11 to 15 and all 4 guys are 4 stars. Hardly a poor recruiting class.

I was referring to the oversigning, like bama does in football.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
WobbleGator;n209740 said:
I was referring to the oversigning, like bama does in football.

Gotcha. Billy must know someone else is leaving.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n209758 said:
Brooks should get frickin coach of the year for winning 45 games with a injury ravaged roster. Billy will listen, but will he go?

Brooks deserves nothing. Any coach could have won that many with Westbrook having the type of season he was having.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n209580 said:

But are they "big men" ?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I could see Chicago going after Billy if they get rid of their coac(not even going to try to spell his name) but I don't think okc would go after Billy. I obviously could be wrong but they're going to do everything they can to keep Durant next year and idk if hiring a college coach with no experience in the nba would be enough. Brooks on the other hand , has a very good relationship with Durant. I think brooks keeps his job even though I don't think he's a very good coach at all.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n209879 said:
But are they "big men" ?

Stone is a 6'7" shooting forward who can also handle the ball. He was apparently playing guard just 2 years ago before he started growing tall.
According to his HS coach, Allen (6'3") is a complete guard who can shoot, drive, rebound and pass. His senior year stats were quite impressive and he led his HS team to 3 straight state championships and was Arkansas' Mr. Basketball last year. I expect him to step right in and contribute plenty his freshman year.
The big question is, who is leaving to make room for the new signees: C. Walker, Carter, D. Walker? Is B. Francis getting his grades in order? I hope so as I really liked that kid coming out of HS (6'5" shooting guard). Will be interesting to see who is going. I'm hoping it's Carter as he is always hurt and we can replace his scoring with Francis and Allen - I believe it would be the least impact to the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.