Billy Napier - Paul Finebaum Interview

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wait! What? I thought he was burning our program to the ground. So hard to keep up.

I disagreed with the approach on Wednesday, and didn’t like some of the reports. I also disagreed with Spurrier not going to the shotgun as early as the 95 SECCG and with Meyer for not keeping Dwayne Dixon. It’s ok to disagree with someone and still think they’re a good hire.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
He was at a private party at Visor, On top of Spurriers grille at Celebration Point. We were about 50 feet away, Wife got a pic

Wonder if he's overwhelmed yet

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I disagreed with the approach on Wednesday, and didn’t like some of the reports. I also disagreed with Spurrier not going to the shotgun as early as the 95 SECCG and with Meyer for not keeping Dwayne Dixon. It’s ok to disagree with someone and still think they’re a good hire.
Did you think he was a good hire when he was burning the program down?
Look, you are one of the most stable and sensible posters here. I was disappointed to see you lose it. Truth is, none of us know whether he will succeed or fail. I do think that his approach is more interesting than the last two or three. I expect to enjoy the ride for the next couple of years even if success is slow.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He wore shorts to an interview? Dafuq?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Don't tell Ox that.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Key point : he thinks the admin has a different level of commitment for facilities and infrastructure than in the past.

Let's hope they stick by their committments. He's putting this out there publicly at the start ... thats a great strategy in case the admin starts to tighten the purse strings.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
He comes across as a very confident turnaround CEO type. He has a plan he developed thru the years by working for and learning from some of the best. Interestingly he commented about learning from other assistants and support staff. I like JDH's point about putting it out front a "different level of commitment" from the administration than before. His process is going to take time to build and implement. His faith and commitment to excellence in all his endeavors seems built from the solid foundation of his upbringing. I'm very hopeful he will be extremely successful at UF and it can be fun again.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

So what you're saying is you've finally quit the cigs and Dewars? Or did you stop trying? ;)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was at a private party at Visor, On top of Spurriers grille at Celebration Point. We were about 50 feet away, Wife got a pic

Impressed? Excited? Anxious? Probably all of the three. Napier doesn’t strike me as a guy who gets easily overwhelmed. He strikes me as a deliberate and calculated thinker, which helps set him apart from other coaches. Based on this interview, I’d add humble.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021

My nephew was also at Spurrier's last night, and he found the parking spot reserved for CBN. I thought that was a nice touch by the restaurant.

Reserved for Coach Napier.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.