Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I would like to see him stop by Buford. It's 20 minutes from his wife's hometown.

I have no doubt he will get there. Look Year 1 is always a little trying, But Butters won (sort of) with other coaches players and yet that could not lead to an elite class. Cousin Eddie won/improved upon (sort of) with other coaches players yet that landed ZERO recruiting hauls. Winning quickly should be a boon for recruiting yet it was not for the previous 2 azzhats b/c they were lazy, egotists. Come in and win AND put in effort on the trail and it should be rewarded. Time will tell.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have no doubt he will get there. Look Year 1 is always a little trying, But Butters won (sort of) with other coaches players and yet that could not lead to an elite class. Cousin Eddie won/improved upon (sort of) with other coaches players yet that landed ZERO recruiting hauls. Winning quickly should be a boon for recruiting yet it was not for the previous 2 azzhats b/c they were lazy, egotists. Come in and win AND put in effort on the trail and it should be rewarded. Time will tell.
I hope to see Bond's parents at the game on Friday. I hope he doesn't commit to bammer before then.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope to see Bond's parents at the game on Friday. I hope he doesn't commit to bammer before then.
Bammer doesn't want him.

Why are you so concerned about this positionless project?

Is he from your home town? We wont miss that Kick Returner, I promise.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
But we have less talent.

Even so we should win at least 8 games a year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know Kirby Inadvertently did us a favor by pointing out how important recruiting is after beating us. I wonder if that got Stricklin thinking about our programs recruiting and was part of the impetus to Can Mullen
He knew.

Kirby mocking us publicly just put more pressure on him.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m letting myself imagine for a minute that Napier really is a great recruiter. Imagine what it would feel like to consistently get top 5 classes again. I don’t know what I would do.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Not saying he’s going to blow the doors off the place in year 1, but I think Napier could do pretty well the first year. I think he’ll start Richardson and build a much improved staff.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I’m probably one of the least “southern” people here, and am a stickler for public speaking, and I have no issue with his speech. I’ll wait until his introductory PC before making a definitive call on that, but so far he’s fine by me. It’s not about accents, it’s about content(or lack there of), wasted space, and other mistakes. He’s actually making good points in every interview I’ve seen and answering questions being asked.
His speech is fine. He thinks about what he wants to convey and says it clearly. I think his PC will be fine. I mean hell, nobody was worse than Butters, as soon as words started coming out of his mouth you could sense the nervous tension in him. I thought that was a very bad sign, but gave him the benefit of the doubt....yet that nervous quiver in his voice never failed to rear its ugly head. Napier will be fine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m letting myself imagine for a minute that Napier really is a great recruiter. Imagine what it would feel like to consistently get top 5 classes again. I don’t know what I would do.
you know, with Clowns and Scum wallowing, it should be damn easy.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
He's going to have to earn me, not that anyone cares. I "gave Muschamp a chance" despite having reservations. I "gave McElwain a chance" despite having serious reservations. I never gave Mullen a chance because I knew exactly what he was. If this guy is all that, he'll earn it quickly. If not I'll be leading the dumper charge.
You're right, nobody cares

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
That presser will have him fielding silly questions about coaching philosophy, team culture building, etc and it’ll be gobbledygook word salads for 30 minutes. He may very well sound simple if talking esoteric crap with journos is not his thing.

But if he can be a guy that cuts the bull and just breaks down X’s and O’s and can relate to the players and fans while getting results then we’re good.

I’m tired of pressers with egotistical schmucks that turn into pissing contests or weird tirades. We’ve had enough of that for a bit.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Not saying he’s going to blow the doors off the place in year 1, but I think Napier could do pretty well the first year. I think he’ll start Richardson and build a much improved staff.
I'm going to try my best not to hold the first year against him in any way. Hell, Meyer struggled in his first season, so did Saban who lost to Louisiana Monroe at Bryant Denny for Christs sake. The first year is all about building, not the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member