Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
You think we can win a title in less than that? :lol:
Yeah. For starters, a competent coach should be able to beat garbage like Missouri and SC next year.

A competent coach lands a balanced and better class in 2023 and plugs some gaps through the portal. At that point the two-deep in 2023 should be about 75% recruited by the new guys. And didn't this year's team have a talent composite of 7? That feels absurd, but a competent coach doesn't lose six games with a top 10 roster.

A competent coach should be able to build a roster in that should be favored in all but 2 or 3 games in year 2 and build from there. Your boy Napier did exactly that in year 2, and so did most of our targets.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. For starters, a competent coach should be able to beat garbage like Missouri and SC next year.

A competent coach lands a balanced and better class in 2023 and plugs some gaps through the portal. At that point the two-deep in 2023 should be about 75% recruited by the new guys. And didn't this year's team have a talent composite of 7? That feels absurd, but a competent coach doesn't lose six games with a top 10 roster.

A competent coach should be able to build a roster in that should be favored in all but 2 or 3 games in year 2 and build from there. Your boy Napier did exactly that in year 2, and so did most of our targets.
I think Napier will be great here, the issue is competing in the SEC with the programs that are way ahead of us, such as Bama and UGA. Will take some time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So, if the median age of the board is 55, you expect everyone over that age to die in 7 years. Thanks for the blessing.

I feel like we’ve got the natives situation under control, but typhoid, TB, dysentery, lack of clean water. All a real concern.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
I think Napier will be great here, the issue is competing in the SEC with the programs that are way ahead of us, such as Bama and UGA. Will take some time.
A top 5, top 3 class with a few difference-makers is a great panacea. I think Smart is still a questionable in-game manager and that can be exploited if the talent gap is closed... and if the new coach doesn't do gomer stuff like intentionally taking safeties from midfield while up five. Stuff like that.

If he can get a staff to recruit the hell out of Florida AND get somebody to call an offense that moves the ball down the field, he may end up being a good hire. I still want a "splashier" hire to tear up recruiting and change perception, but if he can do those things, I'm in. But I just can't watch his press conferences at normal speed. It's painful.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
So, if the median age of the board is 55, you expect everyone over that age to die in 7 years. Thanks for the blessing.
Welp, the thing about message boards, you can pretty much take all posts at face value without sarcasm or hyperbole. As sofla would say, that's not what this place is about... never has been.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've got a Meh same ol' **** feeling about him. But feelings don't count around here so I'll shut up. :stirpot:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Napier has given LSU til Sunday. He will either be announced to LSU then or UF Monday
I think the LSU boosters are demanding a whale coach and Napier isn't it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Shoot the way things are shaking out , we’ll be lucky to get Napier

Worst case scenario imaginable. We don’t close, he goes to Lsu, Cristobal trolls us, LK to miami and we’re left in the C grade leftovers aisle.

Plus my bar and pop up adds for the next year are all Uzbekistan related.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Worst case scenario imaginable. We don’t close, he goes to Lsu, Cristobal trolls us, LK to miami and we’re left in the C grade leftovers aisle.

Plus my bar and pop up adds for the next year are all Uzbekistan related.
I am fully prepared for another 2017 Mullen hire/debacle. All these dumb Fuchs on here bad mouthing Napier May regret it

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here is some video for those wanting to watch a little and see what we are buying:
2020 Coastal

2020 Appy State

2021 Appy State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.