Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly Ox. Exactly.

Who needs to score more points than the other team when you are "highly.organized".
You really are a total and complete moron. I'll spell it out for you, then I'm kicking your dumb ass out of this thread again:

The object of the game is to win by scoring more points than the other team. ULL has won 31 of the past 35 by scoring more points than the other team.

You sound EXACTLY like Mullen when you claim total yards are how teams win.

MistaJ

Nov 23, 2021
Good article on Napier from Will Miles:

Billy Napier is the favorite to be the next Gators head coach. Should he be? - Read and Reaction

Things I like about Napier:

1. Strong & committed recruiter
2. Has excelled where he is
3. Appears to get and has built the organizational structure & culture issues necessary to compete in every aspect of the program. Impressed he did that at a Sun Belt program.
4. Is a sharp coach - development & game day.

Concerns:
1. Don’t know if he’s in over his head until he’s leading in the deep water.
2. Will he adapt his offense and attract the players necessary to compete for SEC championships?
3. Will he listen to SOS?
4. Will he hire key big time championship-level experience or think his Sun Belt crew can git r done? Meyer brought a number of guys but also hired Greg Mattison & retained Charlie Strong.

And I think Stricklin is right about the advantages in coming to UF right now: brand new football facilities upgrade about to open, tradition, great university, recruiting region, etc. It’s lining up if we get the right guy and they let him build the staff properly.

The recruiting part is the best part, Napier has the signs of being an elite recruiter. I know some numbskulls on here will say "iT's tHe sUnBeLt" just because they will never understand that ULL isn't ever going to compete with Bama or the mutts for recruits. He consistently beats his peers in recruiting and on the field which is something none of his predecessors were ever able to do.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
He got fired bc he sucked. He punched Dabo bc Dabo was changing his sucky plays and passing more.

If I remember correctly as reported here, the story was that Dabo changed the play but didn't change the protection and got the QB sacked. Is that not correct?

Tell the whole story, Ox don't allow no yellow journalism here.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I said to my boys pre-game, "unlike basketball, where you really only need to watch the last two minutes, with a Lions game, you only need to watch the last 30 seconds, if at all."

As noted b4, I've been a suffering Lions fan since 1958. I just learned their backup quarterback who started in place of Goff last week is an alum of my high school, Xavier in Middletown, CT. Good grief.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
You really are a total and complete moron. I'll spell it out for you, then I'm kicking your dumb ass out of this thread again:

The object of the game is to win by scoring more points than the other team. ULL has won 31 of the past 35 by scoring more points than the other team.

You sound EXACTLY like Mullen when you claim total yards are how teams win.

I'm pretty sure he's trying to say that mickey mouse offense that barely works in the Sunbelt won't work at all in the SEC.

When I was in highschool we ran the wishbone offense, only lost 3 games in 3 years. Maybe we should go find my old highschool coach and bring him to UF. I'm sure it'll work anywhere because we were like 35-3.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he's trying to say that mickey mouse offense that barely works in the Sunbelt won't work at all in the SEC.

When I was in highschool we ran the wishbone offense, only lost 3 games in 3 years. Maybe we should go find my old highschool coach and bring him to UF. I'm sure it'll work anywhere because we were like 35-3.
Should I bring up UGA and their 62nd ranked passing game again?

It is total nonsense you need a top-10 offense to win in the SEC. Hell, defense is probably more important towards winning in the SEC than offense.

Would you prefer Big 12 48-45 type scores than we would have under Kiffin?

MistaJ

Nov 23, 2021

It is total nonsense you need a top-10 offense to win in the SEC. Hell, defense is probably more important towards winning in the SEC than offense.

Would you prefer Big 12 48-45 type scores that we would have under Kiffin?

Spurrier has a pass first offense and we loved it because he won. Meyer had a run first offense and we loved it (minus Swonkey) because he won.

Everyone says we love offense here but I sure do miss having a great defense.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

Would you prefer Big 12 48-45 type scores that we would have under Kiffin?
I have more faith that Kiffen would hire a competent D coordinator ( Which he did in Durkin) , than Billy would hire a competent O coordinator, which he has not.

Durkin’s D played well against Leach’s offense yesterday.

This is all silly though.

Looks like Strick focused only on Billy.
I can’t imagine he didn’t even make a call to the best G5 coach in college ball right now, Fickell.
Not to mention at least interview Kiffen.

Billy is our guy and we need to accept and move on.

Isn’t the first step to overcome grieving, acceptance?

Step up boys, accept mediocrity.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have more faith that Kiffen would hire a competent D coordinator ( Which he did in Durkin) , than Billy would hire a competent O coordinator, which he has not.

Durkin’s D played well against Leach’s offense yesterday.

This is all silly though.

Looks like Strick focused only on Billy.
I can’t imagine he didn’t even make a call to the best G5 coach in college ball right now, Fickell.
Not to mention at least interview Kiffen.

Billy is our guy and we need to accept and move on.

Isn’t the first step to overcome grieving, acceptance?

Step up boys, accept mediocrity.
This may be the worst post in the history of Gatorchatter. There wasn't one single redeeming syllable.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
This may be the worst post in the history of Gatorchatter.
You’ve lost it Ox.

This coach search has hurt your credibility.
I have no idea how anyone could accept a coaching “search” that ignores potentially better candidates.

Especially at a time we needed a big splash type hire.

This is just ugly.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You’ve lost it Ox.

I have no idea how anyone could accept a coaching “search” that ignores potentially better candidates.

This is just ugly.
What big splash hire would that be? Kiffin?

What we need is a program builder. The program is in ruins. You guys are acting like we are just a piece here and there away from titles.

You are going to look like a total fool as times goes on. Napier is exactly what UF needs right now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You’ve lost it Ox.

This is just ugly.
As for your boy Fickell, NO ONE, NOT ONE of the dozen openings show ANY interest in all in that dolt. His name doesn't even get mentioned as being on a list. He's a running joke around the country. Programs view Napier as Nick Saban in comparison.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
What big splash hire would that be? Kiffin?

What we need is a program builder. The program is in ruins.

You are going to look like a total fool as times goes on. Napier is exactly what UF needs right now.
As I’ve stated several times, Kiffen would be my second choice.

Fickell is the best coach available right now.
He doesn’t get a sniff?

I gladly eat crow if Billy builds us back to where we should be,

Gladly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads