Bits and Pieces: Florida vs. Florida State

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AR can’t throw to the running backs. He can’t make short passes.
He can throw the wheel. I’ve seen him do it with my own two eyes . Also when I say throw to the backs I don’t mean dump downs in the flats . I mean having them run slants ours digs and fly routes against slower LB. We used to do it with Perine even when we had NFL receivers.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
He can throw the wheel. I’ve seen him do it with my own two eyes . Also when I say throw to the backs I don’t mean dump downs in the flats . I mean having them run slants ours digs and fly routes against slower LB. We used to do it with Perine even when we had NFL receivers.
I don't disagree with that. Billy needs to get the ball into the RBs hands like the Chargers get the ball to Austin Ekeler

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough. He can throw downfield. But I’d like to see him hit a 5 yard dump pass. I’m just saying.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Tough loss.
I really had A good feeling about this game and truly believed theGators would come away with the win. If trying to put some positive vibes out there makes me a sinner then so be it.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough. He can throw downfield. But I’d like to see him hit a 5 yard dump pass. I’m just saying.
It boggles the mind . The bubbles are always poorly thrown and our guys don’t block well on them anyway . It’s been a poor play all year and despite it never working or going well we see several every ballgame. It seems like on others he hurries them like that one he almost shot putted to Johnson that fell incomplete

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I feel better going into this bowl than I did a year ago. We have a direction and CBN will have the team practice whereas last season, they screwed around for most of the bowl practices.

The young guys will be fighting for their positions and their right to stay on the team.

CBN will get rid of the rif-raf before the bowl is played.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The bubbles need blocking and numbers. We seem to have neither. Then a pass behind blows it up. All for -2 to 2 yards. If you have stud athletes, maybe, but why not hit your playmakers in stride on short slants or outs.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This year is, mercifully, over. Ready for some changes. Let's hope and pray they are for the better.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This will be my last request for our current #13 on defense. We once had a guy that wore #13 on defense and his last name was McMillan (yes I know different spelling). That #13 McMillan was awful. And the last guy who wore #13 and played safety was named Stiner. Dude change your # if you ever want to have a chance to escape the stench.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This will be my last request for our current #13 on defense. We once had a guy that wore #13 on defense and his last name was McMillan (yes I know different spelling). That #13 McMillan was awful. And the last guy who wore #13 and played safety was named Stiner. Dude change your # if you ever want to have a chance to escape the stench.
I’ve been wanting him to play all year. He was great in the spring game. I couldn’t figure out why Dean stays in the game and McMillon gets no play.

Then he played yesterday

solarman

Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2014
Please help me understand why we put a WR in motion behind the QB and RB that ends up just standing on the other side of the line in the backfield. He just takes himself totally out of the play. We are basically playing 10 on 11 when we do that. I know we do motion in front of the QB that we sometimes will give the ball to but I don't think we have ever used the player that motions behind.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Please help me understand why we put a WR in motion behind the QB and RB that ends up just standing on the other side of the line in the backfield. He just takes himself totally out of the play. We are basically playing 10 on 11 when we do that. I know we do motion in front of the QB that we sometimes will give the ball to but I don't think we have ever used the player that motions behind.

I hate that. It also seems like an unnecessary use of a player’s energy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Trickeration :suspect:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The player who is doing the circle jerk motion is going to be one of 2 things. On rare occasion they will throw the ball to him immediately as another version of the WR screen. For us it is never succesful b/c AR can't put the ball on the front shoulder to keep him in stride. But 95% of the time this guy is our outlet receiver stansing on the sideline. This allows for the defender responsible for him (man or zone) to sluff off and help elsewhere. If the ball is thrown to this player, it is such a long throw it gives the defender plenty of time to rally up for a tackle.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One basic reason is to help identify the coverage (whether the defense is playing man or zone). Helps the pre-snap read. Could tell the QB whether the play call is optimal or the need to audible out of a bad call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator