Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Alabama

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No. You can't get that other hand around his waist. They won't ever give you that.

Watching live I thought he made a good play on the ball with limited if any contact on a reach around to deflect the ball. Of course I was drunk last night , but I’m pretty sure you knew that already .

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Amen. Especially if you know you’re going to run it up the gut.
That use to kill me even with Tebow, The famous Ol Miss game , Gators had fourth and 1 numerous times and were stopped when the Rebs stacked the line and stoped Tebow out of the shotgun.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We seem to just not be prepared. We never seem to know the other teams tendencies and talent. Or maybe we habe inacurate scouting.

We rely on adjusting at half time instead.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The offense seemed to start to figure out who they were with EJ this game. My thoughts aren't what if AR was available and he was cleared to play. But if mullen wanted EJ to succeed so bad, why didn't he allow the offense to truly work together against FAU and USF to work the kinks out before subbing in AR. Why not figure out who we were before facing Bama? It seems we might have lost a golden opportunity to steal a win from Saban before his team gelled themselves (especially Young), by the coaches decision not to allow our offense to gain its rhythm.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Both our lines controlled the game after the 1st qtr - transfer portal is paying off. Running over bama and knowing there's nothing they could do about it is one helluva refreshing change. I'm feeling pretty good about these guys! GO GATORS!!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I never let that soak in, Tuna. Thanks what a great thought to dwell on. Ripping through Bama on the ground. Grassroots football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Both our lines controlled the game after the 1st qtr - transfer portal is paying off.
That wasnt transfer portal guys.

And Delance and Truesdale are the biggest problems we have when they are on the field.

The OL got better as Delance was replaced by Tarkin and Reese was replaced by Braun.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Both our lines controlled the game after the 1st qtr - transfer portal is paying off. Running over bama and knowing there's nothing they could do about it is one helluva refreshing change. I'm feeling pretty good about these guys! GO GATORS!!!
And they didn't run around them or trick them. They gashed that Bama D, right up the middle.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
That wasnt transfer portal guys.

And Delance and Truesdale are the biggest problems we have when they are on the field.

The OL got better as Delance was replaced by Tarkin and Reese was replaced by Braun.
1) Has Hevesy recruited and developed a good SEC offensive line?
2) Can he do it again?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) Has Hevesy recruited and developed a good SEC offensive line?
2) Can he do it again?
you might recall me commenting that the offensive line was averaging like seven yards a carry with EJ under center instead of Trash. that is what some people would call a clue.

it was simply stupid play calling causing the problems. an inflexible offensive coordinator who would not change his game scheme for an immobile quarterback.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
it was simply stupid play calling causing the problems. an inflexible offensive coordinator who would not change his game scheme for an immobile quarterback.
... an immobile QB who moved us up & down the field.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Just a few 3rd and Granthams away from where we want to be (and yes I get that some of those pass interference calls on 3rd down were suspect).

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any injuries in the game?

I know we played a lot of guys on D so we should be fresh this week.
Playing all 3 RBs means that we should be good this week and I would love to see more Lingard & Bowman late in the games. I could only imagine what Bowman would look like taking an option pitch against a tired D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator