Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Colorado State

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Actually, Leyer and Daz started it. Daz had the first terrible OL class (with two low three star diamonds innthe rough) and recruited the next class, Chimp's transition in which he held Daz' two recruits.
Meh. They recruited the same numbers. 4-5 of Lyers went to the NFL. Chumps all turned into dawg shyt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. They recruited the same numbers. 4-5 of Lyers went to the NFL. Chumps all turned into dawg shyt.
Chaz Green
Ian Silberman

Tommy Jordan
Trip Thurman

Which four of Leyer/Daz recruits went to the NFL?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marcus Gilbert
Maurice Hurt
Pouncey
Pouncey
Patchan
Nixon
Harrison
Halapio
Chaz Green
Yeah, so you were changing the subject. The point was that recruiting fell apart at several positions under Leyer and the first two 2-OL-per-year-classes BEGAN under Leyer's watch.

Changing the subject to prior classes werent bad is..... changing the subject.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, so you were changing the subject. The point was that recruiting fell apart at several positions under Leyer and the first two 2-OL-per-year-classes BEGAN under Leyer's watch.

Changing the subject to prior classes werent bad is..... changing the subject.
I didn’t change the subject. You asked what Meyer/Daz recruits went to the NFL. I gave you an answer.

Did the offensive line begin it’s downfall under Meyer? Absolutely! I wrote some god awful long post about it a few years ago. It broke down class size, departures, injuries, etc.

All I did was answer YOUR question. If your question now is when did the OL start turning to shyt? The end of Meyer’s tenure without a doubt, and Muschamp didn’t do nuffin to fix it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t change the subject. You asked what Meyer/Daz recruits went to the NFL. I gave you an answer.

Did the offensive line begin it’s downfall under Meyer? Absolutely! I wrote some god awful long post about it a few years ago. It broke down class size, departures, injuries, etc.

All I did was answer YOUR question. If your question now is when did the OL start turning to shyt? The end of Meyer’s tenure without a doubt, and Muschamp didn’t do nuffin to fix it.
Pretty tall ledge to fall off, too. Pouncey brothers, Johnson, Wilson, Gilbert, Trautwein the year before.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty tall ledge to fall off, too. Pouncey brothers, Johnson, Wilson, Gilbert, Trautwein the year before.
Law is right tho, they dropped in quality and quantity. Early on it seemed like he was just a 3-4 OL recruit guy and more or less got lucky with talent and lack of transfers. I don’t see how we don’t take 5 a class

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Look up how many oline Lyer recruited 2008, 2009, 2010
Look up how many Chump recruited 2012, 2013, 2014
It's about even.
I'd split the transition year. Don't know what else to do with it.
Look how many of Lyers recruits went to the NFL under Chump.
Compare that with the performance of Chump's recruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator