Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Kentucky

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize the qualifications were so strict. Not gonna happen unless you affiliate with a newspaper.

From the website:

Newspapers: Preference will be given to those newspapers which cover all 12 games of the Gators or the opposing team. Newspapers which cover all home games receive the next priority. All newspapers must be dailies with a Sunday edition and circulation of 30,000 or more.

Weekly newspapers: No credentials will be provided to weekly newspapers.

Television: Preference will be given to those stations which cover the most games of the Gators or the opposing team. All stations must have regular nightly sports segments with a full-time sports director/talent.

Radio Stations: Credentials will be limited to the two originating team broadcast. One credential may be issued to a full-time on-air host of Gainesville area stations and the opposing team's hometown stations, if these stations have a sports director and regular daily sports shows. One credential may also be issued to a full-time on-air host of a twenty-four hour sports talk radio station that carries at least 25 percent local programming. These stations must cover the athletic program on a regular, year-round basis as determined by the Communications Directors of the respective institutions.

Photographers: Only staff photographers who represent national magazines and accredited daily newspapers with a Sunday edition and circulation of 30,000 or more will be considered for credentials.
How does the Sun get in?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
So our only hope in getting a press pass would be to sponsor a bowl game? That should be easy. GatorChatter Bowl? Oxrageous Bowl?...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So our only hope in getting a press pass would be to sponsor a bowl game? That should be easy. GatorChatter Bowl? Oxrageous Bowl?...
Not a bad idea.....the Gatorchatter.com Bowl. Maybe we can all chip in the huge money it would take.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We all know he didn't see the field in the UMass game. Thanks to BB gun thuggery.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not a bad idea.....the Gatorchatter.com Bowl. Maybe we can all chip in the huge money it would take.
I don't even think it takes money to host a bowl anymore. All you have to have is a name and a stadium. I volunteer the big grass lot in the middle of our development.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I don't even think it takes money to host a bowl anymore. All you have to have is a name and a stadium. I volunteer the big grass lot in the middle of our development.

Exactly. You can announce after the SEC Championship Game that the Oxrageous Bowl is fixated on inviting Alabama and Harvard, and nobody else will do. You're not in the existing bowl alliance so you don't have to follow the official precedence for the invites and not competing with anybody else. Participating teams get a team meal from Backyard Barbecue and share 50% of the gross ( gate + television + refreshments + parking) revenues.

And when Alabama refuses, or just totally ignores your invitation, you call Nick out for being a craven coward.

it's an idea whose time has come.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm in the shade, and it was still hot as hell. I can't imagine East stands yesterday. I was ok with my daughter leaving at halftime.

A woman two seats to my right got overheated, and projectile vomited on about 5 people in front of her. She had apparently just won a competitive eating contest, because she launched about 5 gallons of puke like a rainbird sprinkler. The guy she hit the worst peeled of his $90 jersey and just left it in the seat.

It was hot.

Oooooof!!!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the shade, and it was still hot as hell. I can't imagine East stands yesterday. I was ok with my daughter leaving at halftime.

A woman two seats to my right got overheated, and projectile vomited on about 5 people in front of her. She had apparently just won a competitive eating contest, because she launched about 5 gallons of puke like a rainbird sprinkler. The guy she hit the worst peeled of his $90 jersey and just left it in the seat.

It was hot.
Look something like this...

upload_2016-9-13_8-40-50.jpeg

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
They think Dooley is part of the cleaning crew as he's always gathering food off the buffet and stuffing it in his pockets.

Negative. The cleaning crew would be Zook territory.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorChatter.com Bowl.

Need a city with hotel rooms to fill and an empty stadium that doesn't already have a bowl. Something low class, think tacky...I've got it.

Daytona Beach. Nobody has more crappy empty hotel rooms than Daytona.

We can do it at Daytona Beach Municipal Stadium. Seats 10K. It's the home field for the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats. Convenient to I-95 and I-4.

Stop laughing. That stadium hosts the NAIA national championship game (roughly equivalent to NCAA D2).

Here it is in all its glory:

JPCFUOJEZARLDCS.20140205215302.jpg

We'll get a break on stadium rental and cops from the city's visitors bureau or tourism board or whatever. We'll fill the stadium by having all the local high school bands perform and shaming their parents into paying to come see them. All we have to do is sell the TV rights.

C'mon. They do a bowl game on the blue turf of Boise. They did an International Bowl in Toronto (in January, yes, it was indoors, but Toronto...in January). We can do this.

As for teams...we'll shop it to non Power5 conferences. Playing a bowl game in Florida has to be good for recruiting. Surely we can find a pair of 5-7 teams from the MAC or Sunbelt or WAC or whatever.

Maybe we'll host Gameday.

Alex.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorChatter.com Bowl.

Need a city with hotel rooms to fill and an empty stadium that doesn't already have a bowl. Something low class, think tacky...I've got it.

Daytona Beach. Nobody has more crappy empty hotel rooms than Daytona.

We can do it at Daytona Beach Municipal Stadium. Seats 10K. It's the home field for the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats. Convenient to I-95 and I-4.

Stop laughing. That stadium hosts the NAIA national championship game (roughly equivalent to NCAA D2).

Here it is in all its glory:

JPCFUOJEZARLDCS.20140205215302.jpg

We'll get a break on stadium rental and cops from the city's visitors bureau or tourism board or whatever. We'll fill the stadium by having all the local high school bands perform and shaming their parents into paying to come see them. All we have to do is sell the TV rights.

C'mon. They do a bowl game on the blue turf of Boise. They did an International Bowl in Toronto (in January, yes, it was indoors, but Toronto...in January). We can do this.

As for teams...we'll shop it to non Power5 conferences. Playing a bowl game in Florida has to be good for recruiting. Surely we can find a pair of 5-7 teams from the MAC or Sunbelt or WAC or whatever.

Maybe we'll host Gameday.

Alex.

You know way too much about Daytona. You from there?

BNA

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent choice.

Safety_concerns_over_cracking_bleachers_3555420000_25164631_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Alex.

We got it covered.

http://www.veronews.com/news/indian...cle_c3910602-8e14-11e5-bead-ffe152628276.html

VERO BEACH — While demolition continues on the concrete seating at the Citrus Bowl, the School Board has approved a contract for new, red aluminum bleachers in the grandstands.

The work is scheduled to be complete in time for graduation in June.

The Board unanimously approved the $890,000 contract with Dant Clayton Corporation, with the understanding that the company is motivated to get the work done by March 31.

Facilities Director Scott Sanders told the Board that Dant Clayton Corp. its work in the northern states and must be able to get up north by April 1 for the start of the building season there.

Along with the new bleachers, which will replace the crumbling concrete stands that are original with the stadium, the project will include a new press box, and a refurbished tunnel for spectators to pass through.

The replacement bleachers is the first phase of a larger refurbishment project of the Citrus Bowl. A second phase is undergoing planning with a target start date of June 2016. That project will be split into two parts – one of which will require the track currently around the Citrus Bowl football field to be relocated to a field near the Freshman Learning Center.

The other part of the project, scheduled to start in December 2016, will include new locker rooms, bathrooms, and visitors bleachers.

School Board member expressed concerns about the necessity to relocate the track and what impact that would have to the budget given the need for lighting and seating and other ancillary amenities.

Staff told the Board that as the planning process continues, more information and opportunity for discussion would be had.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Get a few sponsors and call it something like the Piper Aircraft Indian River Grapefruit Gatorchatter. com Bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator