Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. LSU

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
Not much to say that hasn't been said already.

I think we disrespected LSU and thought we could just show up and they would fold the tents!

Today seems kind of Bleak but there is always hope and we have a chance to try again next week.

I think we have a chance against Bama, especially if they disrespect us like we did LSU...... (fat chance).

I'll just pray to the football gods that Bama plays it's worst game of the year next Saturday.

Go Gators!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Not much to say that hasn't been said already.

I think we disrespected LSU and thought we could just show up and they would fold the tents!

Today seems kind of Bleak but there is always hope and we have a chance to try again next week.

I think we have a chance against Bama, especially if they disrespect us like we did LSU...... (fat chance).

I'll just pray to the football gods that Bama plays it's worst game of the year next Saturday.

Go Gators!
Bama could run Najee Harris 50 times in a row and win the game

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Part of me wonders if we have been working on Bammer for three weeks. We don't have really any significant quality staff at all, just a couple of GA plus types and that ancient ass Syracuse coach. It's not like we could rely on them to prep.
If so, and I don't discount the possibility at all, it will be another example of Dan outthinking himself.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If so, and I don't discount the possibility at all, it will be another example of Dan outthinking himself.
Well, when you hear the podcast guy talking about reviewing game film and telling exactly what the next team will do against us, then watching our guys show up and act confused when they do exactly that, you have to wonder if they are doing game prep for our upcoming opponents at all.

We have almost zero quality staff. And even less recruiting help. Hopefully the coaches are doing that (cutting game film for Bammer or recruiting) instead of just taking the week off. There is no evidence they were preparing at all for current opponents the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still want to know why TF Pitts wasn't playing. Have they said what the reason was?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still want to know why TF Pitts wasn't playing. Have they said what the reason was?
Banged up from last week was the only explanation given by the announcers. No specific injury or anything was mentioned.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Everyone and especially cover: the kid who does the film breakdown for GatorNation doesn't look old enough to coach a peewee team . Yet he has been explaining in gruesome detail the problems with corner blitzes for some weeks. Last night I didn't need his help or even fim breakdown to see the problem.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Zambo lack of discipline and accountability about sums it up. Players will do as they’re coached and what they are allowed to do. That Mullen is somewhat surprised / unconcerned / defensive reveals more about what is likely the bigger issues with our team than certain situational play calls or game management decisions, of which there seem to be several each game. If Dan’s not big enough to wear the schit suit he just tailored, then he’ll likely never be big enough to win the SEC, much less a NC. He’s in a grown man business, not in the same vain as that woodpecker Gundy, and it’s past time for him to be grown. “Crowd noise” and “maybe shoulda played less games” whine is garbage. What he’s revealed about himself is not championship caliber.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone and especially cover: the kid who does the film breakdown for GatorNation doesn't look old enough to coach a peewee team . Yet he has been explaining in gruesome detail the problems with corner blitzes for some weeks. Last night I didn't need his help or even fim breakdown to see the problem.
His podcast is pretty good.

Most SEC teams have rooms full of guys like this, usually focused on specific positions writing reports and preparing the next opponent.

It's why most SEC teams act like they own a copy of our own playbook and we act like we are surprised of the team colors for the other team.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s a bit of a problem, isn’t it?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If a man is unprofessional in interviews, in press conferences where he is representing your company, how professional do you believe he is running your organization?

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
It's the coaches' jobs to get the players ready for the game. That includes everything from film study, to fundamentals. After that game last night, I'm seriously questioning if we work on any of that stuff during the week. Call a Corner blitz and the Safeties get caught looking on the inside. It's like they don't understand the corner won't be covering anybody. Too much tackling up around the shoulder pads. Too much celebration for doing your job. Silly and costly mental mistakes. You're in your 10th game of the season and still can't get the plays called in time so the defense can get aligned before the ball is snapped. I mean I can't even list all the things I've seen this year that point to a serious lack of preparation by this staff. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. The offense wasn't perfect but they did put up a crapload of yards. Turn-overs killed the production. Some of that was due to very poor decisions by our QB that is usually very sharp. Was his head already at the Heisman ceremony? If so, that's on the coaches too. It's their job to have the players focused and dialed in for the game. It's a sad state of affairs. We had a really good offense finally, but a defense that doesn't show up for most of the game. It's disappointing to say the least. I always look forward to the bits and pieces and truth takes each week with my coffee, but this week my coffee is tasting extra bitter.
I'll put it this way as simple as possible: How many of our players would even be offered by Alabama after their staff checks up on their commitment or lack there-of, in high school or JC? Not too many I suspect. THAT"S the difference in the 2 programs. Mullins wouldn't make a pimple in Saban's A$$ IMHO...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This terrible game with terrible play and terrible coaching. No doubt about it. But the extrapolation are getting pretty far out. Another game next week and footballs have been known to take funny bounces.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve had it with Dan. The pinheads on staff as dreadful as they are aren’t solely to blame here. Many spoke of Wilson staying in the game after the most idiotic penalty ever and how it speaks to our leadership and lack of discipline. Nothing more really needs to be said there . To think we will have better seasons than this one under these coaches isn’t a pipe dream anymore . You would have to be a crackhead to believe it .

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Banged up from last week was the only explanation given by the announcers. No specific injury or anything was mentioned.

One announcer said he was down on the field watching Pitts warm up for the game and Pitts looked great.??
I think keeping Pitts completely out of the game sabotaged the "psyche" of all players. A sissy quitter coach. Keeping Grantham as DC was/is sabotage. How do you think Trask felt about that-- felt about Wilson's shoe fetish?

If ever Pitts was needed,last night he was.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The fact Wilson was left in the game after the penalty is the only example you need to show Fat Slob Todd and Eddie are not SEC caliber.

Urban and Spurrier would have benched him, Duncechump would have, even Old Hee Haw would have.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
@cover2, on point as always.

I'll probably repeat some of what's been said, but here's my view of the game...

-As has been mentioned, horribly undisciplined attitude and play, which led to a laundry list of mistakes and missed opportunities. This one is largely on the coaches.
--4th & goal at the 1. Just kick the stinkin FG. -3 pts.
--If you have to go for it, don't run your skinniest RB up the middle! You have PIERCE!!! -7 pts.
--Trask was a bit off. I can't say if the pick 6 was good D or sloppy Trask (I'm not a coach). The crazy sideline INT was a combo of bad throw (still hit Toney in the hand) and dumb lucky bounce for lsu. Maybe shouldn't have forced the throw? -3-7 pts.
--DM deciding to get aggressive with only 30 seconds left in the half, fumble. +3 pts for lsu.
--wilson, a SENIOR, makes a bone headed freshman mistake (replace him with Hill). +3 pts for lsu.
So, the Gators could've "squeaked by" with a 9-17 point win even with the pick 6 and granthem being granthem.

-Too many 3 and outs because we tried to play conservative or get cute with playcalling (more lost points).

-granthem wouldn't be a bargain if we paid him 25% of his current salary.
--Oh, did the corner blitz not work out well last time? Let's try it again (another 7 pts)!
--Hey let's confuse our own D with alignment shifts. We've hurt ourselves with this ALL YEAR!
Fire tg and let knox and english tag along. Others should have a very hot seat.

-DM, bad call to sit Pitts (more lost points). That said, surprised Gamble and Zip weren't more productive, considering how they looked vs uga's D.

-DM, bad look at the presser. Don't deflect. Accept responsibility. Clearly, his unwillingness to accept responsibility and hold his staff accountable has a trickle down effect to the players.

On a brighter note, Toney had an outstanding game and I wish others put it all on the line the way he did. For all the dazzling plays he made (much is already mentioned), one that sorta went unnoticed was on the final drive. Trask almost hit the ref, but Toney had laser focus to catch the ball when we couldn't afford any drops in that drive. Not glamorous, but very impressive. He put the work in and I hope it pays off in the draft.

I'm still so pissed right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator