Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. LSU

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to wait until I watched the gator nation football podcast before I commented. What the film showed was arrogant, lazy game planning on offense and the same old ridiculousness on defense that we've seen all year. No, Trask did not have his best game, but he got very little help from his coaches and many of the plays that they called. Considering that our play calling fed right into what LSU wanted us to do, he had a pretty good game. Yes, the offense is different than a typical Mullen offense, but teams have figured out his tendencies and now know how to best to slow him down. Trask is too good to stop, but LSU out coached, out schemed, and out played us.

I said before that Mullen has been looking ahead the last few weeks, and this game proves it. They treated this like a glorified practice than an actual SEC game. This defense is indefensible, and yet he blames Trask and the offense for the bad game. Well guess what Dan, if you quit calling crappy plays that LSU is ready for pre-snap, then your Heisman candidate quarterback will have a better day. But the defense is still going to give up tons of yards, first downs, and points because they don't know what to do, they don't know where to line up, in the scheme simply allows offenses to succeed. When you watch the game film on Florida's defense, I don't even know if they even watched film on LSU all week. The preparation we had for this game was the exact opposite of what we've seen from opposing coaches the last few weeks and especially Saturday.

There's a great quote from the movie Remember the Titans that perfectly sums up Saturday night. "Attitude reflects leadership, Captain." Mullen's arrogance and refusal to accept responsibility and make improvements have trickled down to the aisstant coaches, and all the way to the players, which is why we still see the same bone-headed mistakes week-in and week-out, plus all new mistakes that will be remembered and talked about for decades to come.

My heart breaks for the players who gave it their all, especially since their loser coaches did not.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
After watching the replay just now, Was actually surprised how many stops the D had in the 4th quarter, twice around midfield. After the toney touchdown to put us up 4, LSU went three and out, that was out chance for dagger. We also had the ball three times down 3 and only came away with 3 points. So as bad as the defense played, The offense had its chances to end game.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online