Bits & Pieces: Florida vs South Carolina

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hey @Durty South Swamp that pic makes it a hard no!
200.gif

Rhvgator

Mar 10, 2021
TV was not that bad.
That particular game wasn’t covered by any of the major networks and instead was covered by a Jefferson Pilot level company so their camera quality sucked.
TV before HD was pretty bad but not as bad as that specific game.

that Kentucky game was a night time pay-per-view game.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just as a side note for the some that thought we perhaps celebrated too much given the competition and who we actually best Saturday. If you watch that 93 Uk game, we got a celebration penalty because of how insane our sideline went. That Wildcat team went 6-6 that year and we won the SEC with one of Spurrier’s best(and my favorite) teams. Sometimes you just have to let loose.
That is what has gone through my mind as week. The 93 Gator team was way better than this year's team. You could argue that UK was better than this SC but the talent level difference in the two games was exponentially wider in 93. Nobody will ever forget "Doering's got a touchdown," but so many people today seem like they are trying to argue that Saturday wasn't that big of a deal because "we shouldn't have been in that position." We came from 10 down with 5 minutes to play. That is something to celebrate no matter what the situation is...

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I read this and thought, meh, I'm sure even Muschamp had at least 1 game where the passing went off and looked back at the 2011-2014 seasons. Damn, it was far worse. It was under 200 yards passing about 50% of the time. Brantley cleared 300 yds once (against Furman). Then Murphy had 305 against Vandy. That's it. Over 4 years.

But, even during muschamps run that many here saw having an inevitable ending, there were just as many criticizing our own fans if a win came with comments about the style not being sustainable to win championships in the long run and how Gators fans suffer winning etc.

Yet, I think I've only seen @Bushmaster point out that we threw a ball at/behind the line of scrimmage on 4th and 12. If Boardingham does not simply make a "I'm better than you" play, we likely lose (especially since we had used up 2 minutes to go 26 yards at that point and were still not in any rush).

If Boardingham gets tackled, we get the ball back with under 3-4 minutes and down 2+ scores. AAAAND, then most in here are screaming about the play call and conservative nature of Mertz and Billy.

Point being, this narrow margin against a 2-4 team is concerning even if we are happy and rightly also pointing out all the other improvements. Because, in the end, to many of us, our interest is not about beating a 2-4 s carolina team. It is about winning championships and showing that is more likely than not with this staff. Yesterday helped, but left a lot that still suggests a championship is an uphill battle with this staff.

Here is the Boardingham play:

As great a play Boardingham made the second they threw the ball to him I was ready to throw something.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I could be way off on my speculation here, but to me that looked like a quarterback wanting to reward the receiver that got them in that position. It’s possible he just missed Hansen being open and was locked in on KJ, but with his experience and the way he’s led things to this point, that was my feeling.
I'm just glad he's seeing the left side of the field. Hansen was ridiculously open but he may have been the 2nd read or something.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Who makes this crap up? Stevie Wonder must have watched the tape.

Trey Wilson, Boardingham and Hansen had a better game than Jackson

Wingo? He's depth only.
I don’t remember seeing any Oline singled out, Gators went from a decent Oline last year to one that’s not very good.
Shane Matthews addressed it today on call in show , you don’t have to pancake the guy every time, just get in front of him so he has to run around you , that Bama transfer is having a hard time even doing that, gotta lead the team in wiffs.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, its called Dufnering.
iu
My greatest post of all time from GSMB was photoshopping this onto Ox’s Miata. For those that don’t know, Ox was once a huge Dufner fan.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone notice, the TD pass to Jackson - Hansen was beyond wide open. He looked like a nerd at a JR High dance. All alone.

Also, the ball the ricocheted off of Ricky to Wilson - If Rick catches that, he may have scored. That would have given the tiny albino kid a lot of time, with 3 timeouts remaining.

I also noticed Hansen all alone in the end zone.

Nobody on the defense payed any attention to him at all, unfortunately neither did Mertz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.