Bo Pelini done

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have read people on this board saying Muschamp is going to Nebraska. Should be interesting to see what plays out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n119643 said:
I have read people on this board saying Muschamp is going to Nebraska. Should be interesting to see what plays out.
As HC? :rotfl: No, people, no. I love the delusions of some of the people. I have never seen such worship of a terrible coach. It's amazing how much some people are impressed by a guy schmoozing at Gator Clubs.

Yes, I'm sure that Nebraskans are hoping to trade their hothead 9 win coach for a hothead 4-6 win coach.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It was known even before the season that this would be his last. The issue with his comments ended this well ahead of it being final. I think he is a good DC and wouldn't mind him being in that position here. The funny thing is you can't find a good defensive players, or at least enough of them for a whole team, anywhere but the deep south nowadays.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
KCgator;n119652 said:
67-27 as the coach at Nebraska.

Yes, I know his record. I also know he never won a conference championship much less sniffed a national championship and he had a tenuous relationship with the fans at best.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nebraska just made a huge mistake. I don't think they can be any better there. The times have changed it's not 1995 anymore.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He'd isolated the fanbase for some time, and then completely killed his chances of remaining long term with that recorded rant about the fans. Performance on the field was probably 50% of the decision, at best.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not one conference championship if I'm not mistaken. They want titles. Nothing wrong with that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All of that is just the prelude to Pelini's message for the Huskers' fans: "It took everything in my power to not say, '**** you, fans. **** all of you.' **** 'em." After Sharpe says a lot of students had left at halftime, the woman starts to say that people did return to their seats. Pelini interjects: "Our crowd. What a bunch of ****ing fair-weather ****ing—they can all kiss my ass out the ****ing door. 'Cause the day is ****ing coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm ****ing gone. I'm so ****ing pissed off."

http://deadspin.com/bo-pelini-on-neb...l-o-1327398903

It's generally not a good idea to cuss out the fanbase.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n119651 said:
As HC? :rotfl: No, people, no. I love the delusions of some of the people. I have never seen such worship of a terrible coach. It's amazing how much some people are impressed by a guy schmoozing at Gator Clubs.

Yes, I'm sure that Nebraskans are hoping to trade their hothead 9 win coach for a hothead 4-6 win coach.
Where I do believe that Nebraskans are not demented enough to go after WM, I do believe there are programs out there that will hire him, since according to our prestigious, brilliant, can do no wrong AD, Jeremy N. Foley, "he is a great coach" and there are plenty of Illinoises out there.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
oxking;n119708 said:
Where I do believe that Nebraskans are not demented enough to go after WM, I do believe there are programs out there that will hire him, since according to our prestigious, brilliant, can do no wrong AD, Jeremy N. Foley, "he is a great coach" and there are plenty of Illinoises out there.

uh-oh here they come:burn:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n119708 said:

Maybe someone like an Idaho. No Big 5 conference team would hire him as a coach right now as their fans would go nuts. Zook actually wasn't looked at nearly as bad as Muschamp by the rest of college football when he left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.