Boston College kicks the **** out of FSU 35-3

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
@CU-UF what us your take now on Butters lasting for several years at least?
My take, since you ask, Mac is here at least through mid-year next year. The fantasy scenarios that some are touting around here (Spurrier interim, Mac to Oregon State-Tenn, etc) are exactly that, fantasy. If we are at 3-3 at this point next year, he gone! Of course, anything can happen, like us beating the dawgs today, so maybe dominos fall where he is gone after this year, but I put the chances very slim that it is going to be UF initiated.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does it bother younthat the vast majority of the fanbase, the pumper websites and even some of the beat writers are now saying it is imminent?

Indontnknow anyone who seriously thinks SOS is interim or otherwise coming out of retirement. SOS used to make fun of elderly HBCs.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
If we win out, maybe he stays. But he's not winning out. We will lose today and he's gone tomorrow

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does it bother younthat the vast majority of the fanbase, the pumper websites and even some of the beat writers are now saying it is imminent?

Indontnknow anyone who seriously thinks SOS is interim or otherwise coming out of retirement. SOS used to make fun of elderly HBCs.
I believe he wants nothing to do with HC anymore, but I do think he maintains an interest in the game, and would accept an OC position somewhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we win out, maybe he stays. But he's not winning out. We will lose today and he's gone tomorrow
If they are LEAKING stories he is gone on Sunday, it is fired for cause and that wont change win or lose. They have to do it now or the for cause claim looks specious.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see how emotional the players are towards Mac after the game today, win or lose. If they are crying and carrying him off on their shoulders, then you know it's his last game.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Nah it doesnt bother me. If that's what happens then that's what happens. I would be upset if they just canned him and then said "oh well I guess we will start looking for a new coach" versus "let me introduce the next coach..."

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see how emotional the players are towards Mac after the game today, win or lose. If they are crying and carrying him off on their shoulders, then you know it's his last game.

:lol:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I won't be watching today. Very few times I've decided to not watch this game. Actually this is the first time. Although I dislike Mac, watching him get murdered on tv isn't how I want to spend my Saturday

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

If the players carry him on their shoulders after the A$$ beating we’re gonna take today, then yeah we should have our answer. Lol

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
With our S&C, there's no way our players can lift mac up on their shoulders. Hell they probably couldn't even hold him up waist level

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I won't be watching today. Very few times I've decided to not watch this game. Actually this is the first time. Although I dislike Mac, watching him get murdered on tv isn't how I want to spend my Saturday
I didnt watch last game. Only game since 1980s that I made no attempt to watch. Probably wont watch this massacre either.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
My take, since you ask, Mac is here at least through mid-year next year. The fantasy scenarios that some are touting around here (Spurrier interim, Mac to Oregon State-Tenn, etc) are exactly that, fantasy. If we are at 3-3 at this point next year, he gone! Of course, anything can happen, like us beating the dawgs today, so maybe dominos fall where he is gone after this year, but I put the chances very slim that it is going to be UF initiated.

So do you believe there to be no repercussions from McElwain's comments this week? Do you think this is just a minor tempest that will blow over now that he's "apologized". The scenario you describe would seem to be more valid if the only issue was on-field performance.

My overall view has changed due to his reckless comments about such a serious issue. The fact that he has negatively categorized the entire fan base of the school that employs him is a big deal.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Some would argue that’s a sign the players know he’s staying for another year. :lmao2:

Last edited:

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
So do you believe there to be no repercussions from McElwain's comments this week? Do you think this is just a minor tempest that will blow over now that he's "apologized". The scenario you describe would seem to be more valid if the only issue was on-field performance.

My overall view has changed due to his reckless comments about such a serious issue. The fact that he has negatively categorized the entire fan base of the school that employs him is a big deal.
Sorry, I don't see it the same way. Do I wish he didnt say that? Do I think it was a stupid thing to say and foolish and poorly handled? Yes. But to make it out as if he has committed some seditious act is an over reaction. I think folks that want Mac gone now, are grabbing on to his comments to confirm their set opinions and desires for him to be fired. But he is not the first, nor the last coach that will say something stupid in a press conference.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I don't see it the same way. Do I wish he didnt say that? Do I think it was a stupid thing to say and foolish and poorly handled? Yes. But to make it out as if he has committed some seditious act is an over reaction. I think folks that want Mac gone now, are grabbing on to his comments to confirm their set opinions and desires for him to be fired. But he is not the first, nor the last coach that will say something stupid in a press conference.
You've got to be a relative.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If they are LEAKING stories he is gone on Sunday, it is fired for cause and that wont change win or lose. They have to do it now or the for cause claim looks specious.

They probably have a signed agreement for this to be his last game. You don’t change horses at this critical time when you are playing your biggest rival. There is no way they could have made the short precise statement they made without a signed agreement. The announcement should be made tomorrow.
It’s time for us to bow our heads in a moment of silence and thank God he is leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.