Braxton Miller out for season with shoulder injury

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n31779 said:
O/U on days until Urban says he's taking a leave of absence?

If he continues to eat Papa John's pizza the heart attack or acid flux could come at anyday.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SportsCenter is now confirming that he is out of the season per Brett McMurphy due to a right shoulder injury.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n31786 said:
SportsCenter is now confirming that he is out of the season per Brett McMurphy due to a right shoulder injury.

https://espn.go.com/college-football/...houlder-injury

Widely tabbed as a Heisman Trophy contender this preseason, Miller suffered the injury during the Buckeyes' practice Monday, just hours after the senior declared himself 100 percent healthy following offseason surgery to the shoulder.
Miller sustained the injury during a non-contact portion of the practice and was taken off the field under medical supervision, a source told ESPN on Monday.

Really?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:

Widely tabbed as a Heisman Trophy contender this preseason, Miller suffered the injury during the Buckeyes' practice Monday, just hours after the senior declared himself 100 percent healthy following offseason surgery to the shoulder.
Miller sustained the injury during a non-contact portion of the practice and was taken off the field under medical supervision, a source told ESPN on Monday.

Really?
I don't wish ill on a college player, but that is humorous. Non-contact drill?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:

Really?
I'm guessing he threw a deep ball a little too deep before his shoulder was ready for that kind of stress.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:

Really?
Probably a correct assumption Captain. You'd think they'd build him up more slowly, progressively increasing his use. But he could have decided to make a deep throw on his own as well, or they could have just been testing it too, I suppose. Either way, he clearly wasn't 100% as he claimed to be, if that's the case. Though, as a young player, he probably didn't want to admit where he really was in his recovery, in fear of losing time on the field. Of course, now he's losing a lot more time than if he'd had played it slower.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously though, have you ever seen a softer schedule? I guess they'll have to at least buckle their chinstraps versus Virgina Tech and Michigan, but they literally do not even need to wear helmets in their remaining games, except for Michigan State. They could put a 3rd-string o-lineman at qb and hand the ball off versus these teams and still win: Navy, Kent, Cincinnati, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State, Illinois, Minnesota and Indiana. 9 automatic wins. Sad.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ohio-state-crying-man1.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Seriously though, have you ever seen a softer schedule? I guess they'll have to at least buckle their chinstraps versus Virgina Tech and Michigan, but they literally do not even need to wear helmets in their remaining games, except for Michigan State. They could put a 3rd-string o-lineman at qb and hand the ball off versus these teams and still win: Navy, Kent, Cincinnati, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State, Illinois, Minnesota and Indiana. 9 automatic wins. Sad.
Maryland has been known to beat FSU...

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Named red shirt Fr J.T Barrett as Qb. Shelly's already dialed 911.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Urban forgot that one of the great things about Tebow was his durability. He should have remembered that before saying Miller was the best he's ever coached.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Himey said:
I guess Urban forgot that one of the great things about Tebow was his durability. He should have remembered that before saying Miller was the best he's ever coached.
No truer words have ever been written here. Maybe Meyer will amend it to "greatest QB I've ever coached...when healthy."

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
When you only play one ranked team all year, does it really matter if you lose your starting QB?
DC, This is what I have been saying.!!! I heartily agree! The playoff committee is a joke and it will be sports politics and what match ups the media wants. I guess the SEC makes more money the current way, but I would much rather have a conference playoff.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
I do hope the kid is okay...but I do root against them every week.
Almost always feel bad for the kids. So many give their all. Then sometimes they get overused when they shouldn't be, and then it is their career and life that gets affected. Hopefully, he can heal this season and maybe play next. or be ready for nfl draft. I forget if he is junior or senior I read he was in the talk for the Heisman.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n31614 said:

CaptainTouchback @CaptTouchback
Braxton Miller re-injures his shoulder. Urban Meyer wants to spend more time with his family.
9:21 PM - 18 Aug 2014

Chris Ferrell @ChrisCFerrell
You'll know Braxton Miller is out for the season if/when Urban Meyer starts talking about the need to spend more time with his family.

John Kryk ✔ @JohnKryk
I can hear Urban Meyer rubbing his temples from Canada.
9:41 PM - 18 Aug 2014

Fake Gabe Wright @GabeThaGreat
Urban Meyer is about to fake health issues or step away from football to spend time with his family only to go work at ESPN.
9:45 PM - 18 Aug 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.