Breakout Offensive Star

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We all know the guy responsible for the most points scored will be Todd Grantham.

Alex.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, that was historically overrated. I'd forgotten about that group. That group had ten of the top 103 players; none of whom were drafted. The only guys drafted were Max Starks, Ian Scott, Ben Troupe, and Guss Scott, and of those only Starks had a good career (though I was surprised to see Ian Scott lasted six years bouncing around with four different teams; Troupe lasted five.)

Yeah. I thought Reggie Vickers was gonna be the next Jacques. Willie Green tore his knees up so bad I think he never recovered. He was supposed to be the next great running back.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That class looks like a UGA class of recent. Great on paper…

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
wow. the class that was "developed" by Ron Zook sucked? hard to believe.

I see a Zook fan standing right there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just glanced on SwampAss to find some choad named "bazza" declaring that EJ will be a Heisman candidate.

:lmao2:

wow. talk about drinking the koolaid.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Wow, that was historically overrated. I'd forgotten about that group. That group had ten of the top 103 players; none of whom were drafted. The only guys drafted were Max Starks, Ian Scott, Ben Troupe, and Guss Scott, and of those only Starks had a good career (though I was surprised to see Ian Scott lasted six years bouncing around with four different teams; Troupe lasted five.)

I think in those days the rankings were largely based on which schools recruited you, so it was self-validating. Now there are so many more camps and 7 on 7 etc. that yield more evaluation, plus video, that the rankings are much less dependent on that.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah. I thought Reggie Vickers was gonna be the next Jacques. Willie Green tore his knees up so bad I think he never recovered. He was supposed to be the next great running back.

We knew when we signed him Green couldn’t play. I don’t know if he got his degree but I was glad they honored the offer and gave him that opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator