Brenton Cox dismissed from Gators

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Possibly went off half coxed and started a fight with AR who dropped the hammer.

Or over hello kitty lunch box. Typical twatter nonsense

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Any of you guys here mark long say he'd be here longer than Napier at the presser today?
Mark Long pressed Napier for specifics on the Cox dismissal and he declined giving any.
At the end of the presser Long was caught on a hot mike saying he would be at Florida after Billy Napier is long gone.
My only thoughts on the matter are that Long could've had his story if he got off his a$$ and made contacts and friends among the coaches, players and staff but instead wants to be handed the story by the head coach.
Then proceeds to get pissed when he doesn't get anywhere.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Didn’t say you did, it was just a possibility that might make some sense; as could the “muschamping” theory.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
247’s spring roster by class & position lists Reese, Summerall, Powell, Borders, Savaiinaea (spell THAT without looking!) and Pyburn.

Almost zero experience, and none of them have pushed Cox, but we will see who earns reps now. Hopefully one or two will show a knack for getting after the QB.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Not sure where he will drop to, the NFL draft is only 7 rounds so……
Can’t get to the QB, doesn’t “set the edge,” can’t cover. 5* filler, all “could” but never did. Unless he dazzles at the combine I’d expect him to make a practice squad as a free agent for 2-3 years then off to whatever. I wish him well, but that’s what I see.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Dear God don't let @5-Star Finger see this.
giphy.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Napier needs to clean things up by getting rid of Cox, so be it. An example sometimes is the best way to send the message. Dean should take notice once he's done celebrating his last awesome tackle 50 yards downfield.

247’s spring roster by class & position lists Reese, Summerall, Powell, Borders, Savaiinaea (spell THAT without looking!) and Pyburn.

Almost zero experience, and none of them have pushed Cox, but we will see who earns reps now. Hopefully one or two will show a knack for getting after the QB.

:exactly:If they can at least set the edge and bring some pressure that will be better than just running by everyone. All tackles in most instances would only have to just push him on back past the pocket. Never any effectiveness unless he was stunted inside.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The timing of this is suggestive of the possibility of a heated lockerroom over the way the defense is being run.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t care where we line him up but I’d love to see 44 get some snaps . At the very least he will hit somebody . Watching him decleat the mutt on kick return was beautiful .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator