Buckle up, it's Will Grier time

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n175844 said:
Why because I said he should start over a true freshman before we went into Tuscaloosa? Sorry he had the best half of his career in the second half of the Kentucky game treon had only thrown 2 passes up to then. That's the only time I defended or lobbied for driskel and with good reason, he hadn't imploded completely yet. What's sad is he had to relieve Harris against some powder puff teams. Harris doesn't have the arm to play qb at this level it had very little to do with coaching imo.

I think you were right when you said people can call you crazy if they want. Just kidding. McElwain will do what is right but I think you are shortchanging Harris potential some.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why people think they need to chose whether they are on QB1's team or QB2's team before they even see a spring practice (used to be game) much less a game or two.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n175885 said:
I don't know why people think they need to chose whether they are on QB1's team or QB2's team before they even see a spring practice (used to be game) much less a game or two.

QB1 and QB2 are on our team. Whichever one wins the job will hopefully be better because of the competition in Spring and Fall.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n175878 said:
Kid has never taken a college snap and our starter from last season is still here. :fingertap:
And?

I'm confident Grier wins the job.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
oxrageous;n175752 said:
Well, it's hard to see anything when he redshirted and didn't play. Not sure what you're trying to say.

I'm trying to say, I'm surprised so many are picking WG as the starter when "​it's hard to see anything when he redshirted and didn't play". And neither TH nor WG has received much in the way of coaching or development thus far, or proper evaluation for that matter by a competent coaching staff.

oxrageous;n175929 said:
I'm confident Grier wins the job.

Case in point.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n175950 said:
I'm trying to say, I'm surprised so many are picking WG as the starter when "​it's hard to see anything when he redshirted and didn't play".

Case in point.
I simply think he's a better fit for Mac's offense. Of course this is speculative, but that's what message boards are for.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n175951 said:
I simply think he's a better fit for Mac's offense. Of course this is speculative, but that's what message boards are for.

I thought message boards were for pointing out how wrong someone is. Damn, have I been wrong about message boards this whole time???

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n175950 said:
I'm trying to say, I'm surprised so many are picking WG as the starter when "​it's hard to see anything when he redshirted and didn't play". And neither TH nor WG has received much in the way of coaching or development thus far, or proper evaluation for that matter by a competent coaching staff.

Case in point.

I believe it has to do with we have seen the other two options and can the third option be as bad as what we have seen from the other two.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gator Fever;n175786 said:
I think a lot of it is the backup QB is the most popular player on the team. We will see soon enough. May even get a feeling of what McElwain thinks during Spring Practice.

This is what I think really is at play - the unknown is more appealing than the known....until JMac shares his thoughts on the matter and makes more substance known for decision making.

oxrageous;n175951 said:

Correct. And being opinions, I'll concede we don't have to wait for any facts to back up our assertions. It could be based solely on a whim.

WobbleGator;n175956 said:
I thought message boards were for pointing out how wrong someone is. Damn, have I been wrong about message boards this whole time???

Sorry, Wobs, but you are wrong on that. Wrong. WRONG. WRONG!!!!

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
WobbleGator;n175956 said:

Yes...you are wrong :hehehe:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n176046 said:
Yes...you are wrong :hehehe:

Thanks so much for pointing that out. That's what makes you count so much for this board.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Funny that I remember being happy about Driskel getting named starter over Brissett back in 2012.......Funny how being right doesn't make you feel as good as being wrong sometimes. Best to let the coach sort these things out......Now that it appears that we have one qualified on the offensive side of the ball. I'll be fine with either as long as the competition is ongoing and the starter continues to progress. If not then the staff owes it to the fans and team to shake things up sooner than later.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n176134 said:
Thanks so much for pointing that out. That's what makes you count so much for this board.

Wrong again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n175958 said:
I believe it has to do with we have seen the other two options and can the third option be as bad as what we have seen from the other two.
Exactly Douglas. Treon was so limited I can't help but think grier would be better. If not we're in trouble for a few more years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n176144 said:
Exactly Douglas. Treon was so limited I can't help but think grier would be better. If not we're in trouble for a few more years.

From a lot of reports we got last year Treon and Will were neck and neck but some said Treon threw a better short and medium ball and Will had a better long ball. I really hope this isn't the case because to me Treon's biggest issue was being consistent on short and medium throws. I guess we'll find out pretty soon though.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
rogdochar;n176134 said:

:bwahaha:... And we so thourougly enjoy the epiphanetic lingo to which you so eloquently
share with us Rog.. :fistbump:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator