Buckle up, it's Will Grier time

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n175137 said:
Can't see whatever you posted on mobile, so I'm guessing it was sarcasm of some sort? :dunno:
:thumbup:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would think that unless Grier is obviously better in all phases of quarterbacking the team during spring and fall practices, Mac will start Harris and give Grier playing time with a set of series, hopefully in cleanup duty because we have a nice lead. Dawgchamp was wrong to keep JD in when he was struggling, but he did get the starts as the more experienced qb. I would think we will see something similar, that Harris will get the starts, but now that we have a better coach, he'll change quarterbacks if it is warranted.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
CaribGator;175151 said:
I would think that unless Grier is obviously better in all phases of quarterbacking the team during spring and fall practices, Mac will start Harris and give Grier playing time with a set of series, hopefully in cleanup duty because we have a nice lead. Dawgchamp was wrong to keep JD in when he was struggling, but he did get the starts as the more experienced qb. I would think we will see something similar, that Harris will get the starts, but now that we have a better coach, he'll change quarterbacks if it is warranted.
I think Treon would be great in the slot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n175154 said:
I think Treon would be great in the slot.
I do too. He's pretty good with ball in his hands he's seems to be pretty shifty. If he wants to play in a power 5 conference I think there's going to have to be a position change for him.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;175159 said:
If he wants to play in a power 5 conference I think there's going to have to be a position change for him.
Not to mention any shot at Sundays

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n175151 said:

I do wonder which games other than perhaps wimps we will expect to have a "nice lead". Now from a very limited data set Harris does not show the traits of a great or even good QB in the SEC. Grier we have no data. I expect that someone will step up by working hard with the receivers during the off season and win the job in fall camp.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From the article:
“What you’ve done before doesn’t matter,” he said.
“It’s living in today and where we’re going in the future is what’s important to me. … I think it will be a great competition. I don’t think there’s any reason to say it will just be two."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/c...-of-florida/article6498291.html#storylink=cpy

Obvious it's going to be Morningwood!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NoGaGator;n174550 said:
Two different deals between Driskel and Grier. Driskel played at a higher level HS classification but at a new HS with nohistory. Everyone - including the rating pundits - was impressed with his arm and physical talent. He was ranked #1 but had no body of work of which to speak.
Driskel passed for like 1500 yards in HS and ran most plays.

Grier passed for 1500 yards most months.

One was a QB and the other was an Hback who threw occasionally.

Big, big difference.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is the real deal. He'll win the job, hopefully Harris will be satisfied to be a backup.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;175262 said:
Driskel passed for like 1500 yards in HS and ran most plays. Grier passed for 1500 yards most months. Big, big difference.
Good lord I just looked up Driskel's ypg in high school and college for the first time. HS-139. College-117. If Grier can throw 84.17% of what he did, as Jeffrey did, that would put him at averaging 322.62 yards/game. Assuming putting up those kind of numbers we at least make it to the SECCG, he would be at about 4,500 yards/season. The bar has been set based on math. You argue with math and you will lose.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'll wait to see them practice or even play a game under the new non-offensiphobic coaching staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator