Buckle up, the crash is sooner rather than later

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shout my ass.....if my sh!t was down 77K I'd want to know if the guy still had a pulse
Bom Dia Hello GIF
I don't judge...maybe 77k is a small percentage of his overall holdings?

Or, maybe the aluminum foil market didn't pan out the way they had hoped :grin:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Who knows if that's really why Mexico is finishing the wall but I wholeheartedly believe the dollar will go down....it's already started

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
it started more than 100 years ago.

Correct…but this time I think something has to give…either an entirely new system or going back to a gold backed currency…this will be worse than 07/08 IMO but the other side of it will be very good

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Correct…but this time I think something has to give…either an entirely new system or going back to a gold backed currency…this will be worse than 07/08 IMO but the other side of it will be very good
We publicly declared bankruptcy to the world in 1971 and it's still playing out. I hate to break it to every one, but 07/08 was nothing more then a "blip," just like the dozens we've had in the last 200 years. If and when it "goes goes," it will be worse (much worse) than the Great Depression, but I agree, the other side will likely be really good again and a rebirth of founding principles.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
going back to a gold backed currency…this will be worse than 07/08 IMO but the other side of it will be very good
One thing to keep in mind is that the dollar "controls" the perceived value of gold. Since the US went off the gold standard futures contracts put a stranglehold on gold and other commodities because well.....other countries have to convert their currency to dollars to buy it/them.....it's a chicken/egg thing.....upward dollar puts downward pressure on gold because of the yield and even our most hated enemy's don't trust their allies to provide that yield(why China has only a tiny bond market in comparison to the US)

You probably won't want to be around in a situation where gold is the "preferred currency" and the US gov. will never allow it anything short of it's total destruction....research the Hunt bros...

Is gold a great hedge against the dollar...yes and that is the reason I'll always have some and think everyone should alot 5-20% of their wealth into it.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
One thing to keep in mind is that the dollar "controls" the perceived value of gold. Since the US went off the gold standard futures contracts put a stranglehold on gold and other commodities because well.....other countries have to convert their currency to dollars to buy it/them.....it's a chicken/egg thing.....upward dollar puts downward pressure on gold because of the yield and even our most hated enemy's don't trust their allies to provide that yield(why China has only a tiny bond market in comparison to the US)

You probably won't want to be around in a situation where gold is the "preferred currency" and the US gov. will never allow it anything short of it's total destruction....research the Hunt bros...

Is gold a great hedge against the dollar...yes and that is the reason I'll always have some and think everyone should alot 5-20% of their wealth into it.

I would love a world where every country is independently thriving economically...I like what the BRICS nations are doing...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Who knows if that's really why Mexico is finishing the wall but I wholeheartedly believe the dollar will go down....it's already started
Someone needs to tell the Japs. The yen is 147 to a dollar, so Crete salivating on how many extra Geisha girls he can afford.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just curious.....I keep hearing about a crash but house prices went up again in July.....except in 11 western states. The major indexes minus the R2000 are all holding near all time highs granted they are held up by a minority of stocks. Can someone please explain? Gold holding over $1920 despite constant pressure from DXY/yields?

Can anyone define distortion? Is it a lag effect or is the system just so manipulated things just don't matter?

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just curious.....I keep hearing about a crash but house prices went up again in July.....except in 11 western states. The major indexes minus the R2000 are all holding near all time highs granted they are held up by a minority of stocks. Can someone please explain? Gold holding over $1920 despite constant pressure from DXY/yields?

Can anyone define distortion? Is it a lag effect or is the system just so manipulated things just don't matter?
IMO, still way too much money in the system chasing too few goods. Like you said, a select few stocks supporting the indexes they report. Too little inventory in housing to allow for a drop. However down here most closings in the mid priced stuff here which is about 600K-1M is happening at 20-40% below original list.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
IMO, still way too much money in the system chasing too few goods. Like you said, a select few stocks supporting the indexes they report. Too little inventory in housing to allow for a drop. However down here most closings in the mid priced stuff here which is about 600K-1M is happening at 20-40% below original list.
I saw where Zillow says listings were up in August...as a side note foreclosures were also up in Florida over the last few months. Interesting times for sure. So much conflicting data it just begs an investor to keep a majority share in those risk free 5.5% Tbills for a while.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I saw where Zillow says listings were up in August...as a side note foreclosures were also up in Florida over the last few months. Interesting times for sure. So much conflicting data it just begs an investor to keep a majority share in those risk free 5.5% Tbills for a while.
Interesting that you mentioned that as I for the first time during this cycle, delved into the 2 yr. treasury at the auction a few weeks ago. Got 5.03 the same day I also picked up new 6 mos. at 5.59.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Should probably scope out the doors and windows on those foreclosures. A lot of times they’re like new.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They've kicked the can down the road as far as they can, Most of the things you see going on in the world are just misdirection to keep people's eyes off the Mother Of All Crashes.. we're are almost there

The yellow arrows on the Debt Clock are pointing to the fact that the money supply is running backwards.

They are pointing out that the money supply is contracting.

Over the past 153 years, there have only been five instances where M2 has declined by at least 2% on a year-over-year basis: the 1870s, 1893, 1921, 1931-1933, and 2023. In order, these instances resulted in a depression, panic, depression, Great Depression, and now TEOTWAWKI,. In the previous four instances, it was an ominous sign for Wall Street.

<----- click MSM for the article to open

throw in a minor things like the yield curve being negative for over a year

the TRILLIONS in derivatives

top off your preps

be safe my fellow Gators

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Charles Schwab now doing layoffs....combine this with B of A closing multiple branches, gas and groceries being what they are, etc...I think the worst is still to come.....I sure miss $1.50 gas and mean tweets

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019

One possibility I have read is that we will go to U.S. Treasury certificates backed by gold once Trump returns

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator