Bucs Game

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Is it too early to declare Winston a bust? Hell no. I'll bet the Bucs are already having second thoughts. In fact, he may never start again. The Mike Glennon era is about to take off.

78 doesn't post much anymore except to rush to Jameis' defense. I'm not sure what to make of it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n261835 said:
Is it too early to declare Winston a bust? Hell no. I'll bet the Bucs are already having second thoughts. In fact, he may never start again. The Mike Glennon era is about to take off.

78 doesn't post much anymore except to rush to Jameis' defense. I'm not sure what to make of it.

He's a Bucs fan first and foremost. As such, he should turn in his Gator card while that POS is their poster boy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ohh, that famous Jamus "Statue of Slippery" play. :bananadance:

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n261672]Regardless what you think of him, I'm not sure how much you can take away from a rookie's first NFL start, a pre-season opener no less. The Bucs' pass protection was crappy and field position didn't help much either. Maybe he has mechanics and other issues to work on, maybe not, but I think you have to see a lot more of this guy before you can draw a firm read. I didn't see the drive he engineered but according to newspaper accounts he had a couple nice throws.[/QUOTE]

You need to watch the game, then... his composure was awful... their entire team is terrible, though so I agree with that point

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rapeis is exactly what the Bucs deserve.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n261537 said:
Winston's embarrassment is like a warm blanket.

Yes, it is. This will be better than Ej Manual and Chrissy Ponder combined. By that I mean he may throw more interception than those TO Clowns combined.

I just can't wait.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Law98gator;n262289 said:
... he may throw more interception than those TO Clowns combined.

TO...

Two, as in both of those clowns?

Turn-Over (TO) Clowns?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Remember those sideline cheerleaders are a less-more scantily clad than college cheerleaders.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n261778]

I get it, we're a Gator message board, but you're being a complete fool by ignoring the fact that the guy was the top pick on just about every major draft board. Until he flunks out, the expectations for him remain high. [/QUOTE]

'78, I agree that one preseason game doesn't make a career, and that the Bucs are awful. I personally don't think that Jameis has the mental make up to be an NFL starting quarterback. And he was awful last year while surrounded by talent. But using the argument that he was the 1st pick over all is a bad defense. I'm sure we can all list a number of 1st picks overall who didn't have what it took to be in the NFL.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He has "flubber-blubber" tendencies on & off field …. and now plenty of $s to discover high-end drugs. He may develop
if Bucs stick with him while he loses games for them for 3 years -- (like nobody did for Tebow).

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
rogdochar;n262454 said:
He has "flubber-blubber" tendencies on & off field

Sounds like there should be a Wonderlic-ish test for that, no?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n261835 said:

He'll start, imo. Lovie can't admit so soon he backed a colossal loser. He's still trying to spin the new rookie angle. After a few real games, if Winston isn't actually injured, look for a "practice injury" to require he be replaced by Glennon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.